August Team Challenge-Team Thin to Win!

Options
Hi there everyone! I'm going to be your captain for the next month for our team challenge! Every week Gary is going to post a new weekly challenge and all of us are to work, work, work to complete it the best we can!! Based on your performance of the weekly challenge you will assign yourself a point value, which you will post here on our thread! I'll tally the points, send them along to Gary who will keep track of who is winning!!! More info on the point system, etc to come! I'll keep you informed!!!

Soooo down to business, here is the role call of our team!

Team 8 - AKA Team THIN TO WIN!
Captain carmcd
1 WhomII
2 wildcard29
3 craft338
4 chuckieswife
5 sharmonesq
6 butters1
7 LifeAfter29
8 lingading
9 railreader
10 SUNNY613
11 tjdsmommy
12 vivianleemit
13 triciawebb78
14 morae
15 Isrn2
16 mcdebbie
17 kburks0709
18 Katemarie34
19 Rebeccasluckyduc
20 robincnrr

p.s. if you have another team name, shout it out! I just thought THIN TO WIN was catchy!! So feel free to tell us a little about yourself of just throw out a 'bump' so we know you are here and accounted for! friend your fellow teammates!! THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT :) lets go thin to win!!

Replies

• kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Kim, a soon to be 29 year old wife, mother, and executive. I am looking forward to this challenge, and using it as the final push to achieve my goals.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    So excited for this! :) Definitely need the motivation, especially since I'm going home to good old TEXAS where everything is bigger, better, greasier, and more fattening if you eat too much :D
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey Kim! Nice to meet you! Challenges are always a fun way to stay motivated because your teammates will keep you accountable ;) great to have you here!!!!
  • carmcd
    Options
    Hey vivianleemit! Great to have you on our team!!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    *An assassin from the Weapons of Mass Reduction team buys you all a box of Krispy Kreme Donuts...* Good luck! :p Just kidding I hope all the teams do incredibly well!
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hello!!! well to start im 24 and a mother of 2 . three years ago I met the love of life and since the pounds kept coming. Since having my son I haven't been able to keep weight off. I love mfp and lost 2 pounds my first week!!! looking forward to kicking a@! GO TEAM THIN TO WIN!!!
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Andrea, mom to a daughter who is a senior in HS, and a 5th grade daughter. I lost 30 lbs before joining, but recently hit a wall because I got a stress break (most likely due to switching from indoor soft track to hard pavement) and I redeveloped some bad habits. Cast is off and the challenge will be a great way to re-motivate me back to good habits. This challenge sounds like fun and just what I need!! Can't wait!
  • carmcd
    Options
    Eats with a fist, don't be mad that I left WMR and started the team thats going to win this thing :)))) just kidding, SERIOUS good luck to you&gary and the rest of the team....anddd GO TEAM THIN TO WIN :)
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I'm Caroline, 23 from ny.. looking to bump up my exercise & push push push to lose as much as I can before I start nursing school next month!
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to sign up???
    :wink:
  • carmcd
    Options
    OH and hi to tjdsmommy, Andrea and Caroline! My name is caroline too!!!!!
  • carmcd
    Options
    @swilliams, we are a team from the August Team Challenge!! Unfortunetly each team can only have 20 members plus a captain but if you message Gary6030 he is heading up the challenge and will put you on a team!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    hey guys =) i'm excited for this challenge! i really need some extra motivation to exercise in August cuz i don't think i'm going to have pool access after this weekend :sad:

i hate to sound shallow or anything, and i'm NOT losing weight to look good, i'm doing it to be healthy....but being heavy my whole life, i've always had this dream about going back to school in september looking awesome cuz i lost a bunch of weight over the summer. i'm done with school, but i WORK at a school now, and even though i lost about 50lbs by June, no one really noticed, probably because i had to wear the same 2XL staff shirt and way too big pants. i'm hoping that with my new clothes and the new LARGE staff shirt that will be waiting for me on the first day of school, i can surprise a few people.

how cheesy does that sound?? lol :blushing:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a 29 year old wife and mom. I am getting back on track after a bit of a plateau and subsequent fork in my weight loss journey. I am so excited for this challenge and am so glad to meet all of you :flowerforyou:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    to craft338: I don't think it sounds cheesy or shallow at all. Congrats on your progress already :)
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi to all my teammates! I'm Carla, 47 years old, gramma to 6 beautiful children, and mom to 3 grown children. I'm down 100 lbs. from my heaviest weight about 6 years ago, but recently got energized to go for the next 100. I'm working out 3 days a week right now, but looking forward to getting an extra push to try to up my motivation. Can't wait to get started!
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey every one I'm Sunny 23 years old from tha bay...can't wait for this challenge to start...going to SD for a wedding on labor day weekend so I'm trying slim down and meet my mini goal
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm a 22 year old student trying to lose 50 pounds to get healthy and look good! I promise I won't let you guys down!!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Eats with a fist, don't be mad that I left WMR and started the team thats going to win this thing :)))) just kidding, SERIOUS good luck to you&gary and the rest of the team....anddd GO TEAM THIN TO WIN :)

tsk tsk tsk and I had such high hopes for you! :p
  • carmcd
    Options
    Thanks for everyone who shared!! hopefully the rest of the team will join us soon!!

ANYWAY, about me I'm caroline, I turned 20 last week and I am a college student at home for the summer! Since college started I have gained and lost the same 20 ish pounds and im ready to lose it FOR GOOD! plus more to get to my goal! right now I am on MFP a fair amount because I have an internship where I am at a computer most of the day!! im SO excited to have all of you on my team..i know we got this :) cant wait to start the challenges!!!!!