Low Carb/Keto Friends?

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    What qualifies as low carb?

@MrsBeccaM5 ...there is quite a range to what low carb is. Generally speaking, eating 150g/carbs or less per day is considerd "low carb." Eating 20-50/g carbs per day is considered eating Keto low carb levels. Eating very low carb (VLC) is the equivalent of eating 5-10g/carbs per day or less (think carnivore Keto). Hope this info is helpful.
  • neyth
    neyth Posts: 5 Member
    Hello there! I'm also keto/low carb. Trying to get back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • Gigi_Sings
    Gigi_Sings Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I'm newer to keto. Welcome to add me too :-)
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    ladipoet wrote: »
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    What qualifies as low carb?

@MrsBeccaM5 ...there is quite a range to what low carb is. Generally speaking, eating 150g/carbs or less per day is considerd "low carb." Eating 20-50/g carbs per day is considered eating Keto low carb levels. Eating very low carb (VLC) is the equivalent of eating 5-10g/carbs per day or less (think carnivore Keto). Hope this info is helpful.

I try to eat under 100g of carbs a day, but I'm definitely not keto. I'm usually around 80g on average.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    I'm back on low carb again myself, feel free to add me!
  • annax3belle
    annax3belle Posts: 1 Member
    bgpeck2 wrote: »
    Here's a stupid question...has anyone found that after cutting their carbs significantly, that they have become sleepy nearly all of the time? I know their is the "carb flu", but this is something different...if I sit for more than a couple of minutes, I become so sleepy I can't stand it. Took a nearly 3 hour nap last night, then went to bed, slept for nearly 6 hours, and after sitting still for a couple of minutes, I'm sleepy again...

I've been struggling with doing this for the last three months and I just NOW realized that I might be so exhausted all day because I don't have enough carbs. I'm painfully tired when I wake up, even if I go to sleep at 8 or 9 (super early for me). I thought maybe because I've been working so much lately that was the only reason. I don't know why I didn't even connect the two before.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    bgpeck2 wrote: »
    Here's a stupid question...has anyone found that after cutting their carbs significantly, that they have become sleepy nearly all of the time? I know their is the "carb flu", but this is something different...if I sit for more than a couple of minutes, I become so sleepy I can't stand it. Took a nearly 3 hour nap last night, then went to bed, slept for nearly 6 hours, and after sitting still for a couple of minutes, I'm sleepy again...

I've been struggling with doing this for the last three months and I just NOW realized that I might be so exhausted all day because I don't have enough carbs. I'm painfully tired when I wake up, even if I go to sleep at 8 or 9 (super early for me). I thought maybe because I've been working so much lately that was the only reason. I don't know why I didn't even connect the two before.

Maybe it is the other way... I was feeling more energetic then I had in quite a while when I was on my 3rd and 4th weeks of Keto, but I slipped up and have had some carbs slipping in and my fat intake dropped a bit and I have been dragging since. Need to keep the fat burning engine fueled!
  • Carlala2
    Carlala2 Posts: 28 Member
    Been doing keto for 2 months and I'm 30 lbs down! I'd love to have more keto/LC friends. :smile:
  • chondrapetersen
    chondrapetersen Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting g low crab/keto...any tips?
  • meltingshelly
    meltingshelly Posts: 8 Member
    Hey guys! Just saw all of the replies to this! You are all awesome and feel free to add me!
  • velvet_moon
    velvet_moon Posts: 80 Member
    Just about to start low carbing and could do with some support so please feel free to add me!
  • Maxbroier
    Maxbroier Posts: 2 Member
    Just started keto diet, day 9 of preparation. I could use some motivation so add me up! Anyone here know anything about carb backloading? Thinking about giving that a try...
  • nadiaha7
    nadiaha7 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi guys. I started my keto diet two days ago. I read ketosis tends to start after 3 days of a keto diet. So I'm Looking forward to testing this soon with ketostix or something.
    Eggs eggs eggs! meat, avocado and spinach seem to be key foods cropping up for me so far. I'm interested to see how people vary their foods on this diet as I'm feeling a bit limited. I wish us luck!
  • nadiaha7
    nadiaha7 Posts: 3 Member
    Thought I'd take a picture of my keto lunch. -Chicken marinated with coconut oil n spices with spinach, asparagus and mature cheddar thrown in, fried in olive oil. Trying to live that high fat life.
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    nadiaha7 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I started my keto diet two days ago. I read ketosis tends to start after 3 days of a keto diet. So I'm Looking forward to testing this soon with ketostix or something.
    Eggs eggs eggs! meat, avocado and spinach seem to be key foods cropping up for me so far. I'm interested to see how people vary their foods on this diet as I'm feeling a bit limited. I wish us luck!

You left out cheese...i've been eating the heck out of meat, cheese and eggs...
  • LadyReni2209
    LadyReni2209 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone!!
  • Heart_of_a_lion
    Heart_of_a_lion Posts: 32 Member
    ✋️
  • meshellmeshell
    meshellmeshell Posts: 3 Member
    Meeeeeeee! Doing my best to stay Keto / LCHF and would love some friends too.