Does "I love you:love you" and "love ya" have separate meanings to you?

Options
trytpbme1
trytpbme1 Posts: 107 Member
But the other day he just said "love ya" should I be worried? We were on break and I sat in the other break room and during the last minutes of break I texted him "ttyl" and he texted back "ttyl love ya" . I'm so used to him saying those three words out
he has always texted me or said "I love you" straight out and I know "love ya" is uauallly casual and it kind of has been on my mind since he texted me it

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    no
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Poisonedpawn78 I say love ya to my best friends all the time so sometimes they do have different meanings to me. But if it's to a S.O. no matter how I say it, I mean it as I love you. You're over thinking it in this case.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Most definitely, especially in the online relationship world. Many online relationships get to the 'love ya" stage
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    You're overthinking. I think they're said in different circumstances, and sure, casual is casual, but look at the big picture - the meaning is the same. It's "I always end each conversation with a reminder of my deep affection for you." It's important.

Relationships are long. Not every statement of love is going to be a deep look into your eyes at a beautiful sunset with string music swelling in the background.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yeah, he is definitely going off you, and probably sleeping with someone else if he can't be bothered with those 2 extra characters in a text message...

is this seriously what people worry about these days!? :huh:
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    If he starts adding "believe me", then that could be cause for alarm.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I dont think it has another meaning, and my husband would probably be annoyed if I asked him why he said love ya instead of I love you.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yeah, he is definitely going off you, and probably sleeping with someone else if he can't be bothered with those 2 extra characters in a text message...

I saw an article yesterday about how people were getting very het up over the use of periods in text messages. If you end a text with a period, it apparently suggests to your recipient that you're angry or giving them the cold shoulder.

• laurenebargar
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

I saw an article yesterday about how people were getting very het up over the use of periods in text messages. If you end a text with a period, it apparently suggests to your recipient that you're angry or giving them the cold shoulder.

Lmao TBH if I use a period at the end of a text message to my husband im a little annoyed, I dont think he ever picks up on it. I just notice that when im annoyed I never forget to put a period at the end of it :D
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    I dont think it has another meaning, and my husband would probably be annoyed if I asked him why he said love ya instead of I love you.
    If he starts adding "believe me", then that could be cause for alarm.
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Just be happy he's saying it

Thanks for answering guys lol I guess I just really like him and I'm getting insecure
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    I agree with @Poisonedpawn78 I say love ya to my best friends all the time so sometimes they do have different meanings to me. But if it's to a S.O. no matter how I say it, I mean it as I love you. You're over thinking it in this case.
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    You're overthinking. I think they're said in different circumstances, and sure, casual is casual, but look at the big picture - the meaning is the same. It's "I always end each conversation with a reminder of my deep affection for you." It's important.

Relationships are long. Not every statement of love is going to be a deep look into your eyes at a beautiful sunset with string music swelling in the background.

Thanks for answering everyone
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious just from that single response he has a side piece. More than likely was with her when he sent that. Probably played it off by saying, "Dont worry Tiffany, that's just my sister I'm texting."

:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    Is there anything else going on thats making you insecure or questioning how he feels about you?
  • trytpbme1
    Options

Is there anything else going on thats making you insecure or questioning how he feels about you?

Yeah he used to say it all the time and I'm used to him saying the full three words I guess I'm overthinking

• trytpbme1
    Options
    I say "love ya," "I love ya" and "I love you" interchangeably when it comes to my husband. It just depends on what mood I'm in, but I always mean it.

Okay thanks I guess I'm overthinking
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I say "love ya," "I love ya" and "I love you" interchangeably when it comes to my husband. It just depends on what mood I'm in, but I always mean it.

the other day i said "love you, bye!" to my husband as i was leaving for work... his reply "i like you"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: