Does "I love you:love you" and "love ya" have separate meanings to you?

Options

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    trytpbme1 wrote: »
    Is there anything else going on thats making you insecure or questioning how he feels about you?

Yeah he used to say it all the time and I'm used to him saying the full three words I guess I'm overthinking

I meant besides this situation
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    In your situation i don't think you should be worried.

When I say "love ya" it's sarcastic.
  • trytpbme1
    trytpbme1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Is there anything else going on thats making you insecure or questioning how he feels about you?

Yeah he used to say it all the time and I'm used to him saying the full three words I guess I'm overthinking

I guess I feel like he's being distant
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Now, this is going to be controversial, but may be talk to your boyfriend about this...
  • cyranda63
    cyranda63 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious just from that single response he has a side piece. More than likely was with her when he sent that. Probably played it off by saying, "Dont worry Tiffany, that's just my sister I'm texting."

Thank goodness he didn't just say ttyl, you KNOW what that means!

Stop stressing girl...
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Now, this is going to be controversial, but may be talk to your boyfriend about this...

Agreed. Nothing gets solved without communication.
  • trytpbme1
    Options

Okay thanks I will
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Don't be insecure. Just be yourself and express your affection and everything should work out fine.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    Don't be insecure. Just be yourself and express your affection and everything should work out fine.

Thank you I will
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    But the other day he just said "love ya" should I be worried? We were on break and I sat in the other break room and during the last minutes of break I texted him "ttyl" and he texted back "ttyl love ya" . I'm so used to him saying those three words out
    he has always texted me or said "I love you" straight out and I know "love ya" is uauallly casual and it kind of has been on my mind since he texted me it

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I saw an article yesterday about how people were getting very het up over the use of periods in text messages. If you end a text with a period, it apparently suggests to your recipient that you're angry or giving them the cold shoulder.

I would just assume that the person with whom I am conversing hasn't let their grammatical knowledge completely go to *kitten* like much of the world.

I received this particular message a few days ago from a number that I'm unfamiliar with, "Dudz wat U Bez doin yo". I'm still trying to decipher it. I have come to the conclusion that the unknown person that I receive it from, must have been in the middle of a seizure when they sent it to me.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hbUqhKM38
    He just had a Kojak moment . Keep your knickers on :D
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    I think your relationship is over. Move on

Really? :'(
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hbUqhKM38
    He just had a Kojak moment . Keep your knickers on :D

What do you mean
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    cyranda63 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious just from that single response he has a side piece. More than likely was with her when he sent that. Probably played it off by saying, "Dont worry Tiffany, that's just my sister I'm texting."

Thank goodness he didn't just say ttyl, you KNOW what that means!

Stop stressing girl...

Okay I'm not trying to
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    If someone sent me that message, I would be worried.

But that's because I am old and I don't know what ttyl stands for :o
  • trytpbme1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If someone sent me that message, I would be worried.

But that's because I am old and I don't know what ttyl stands for :o

It stands for talk to you later
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    But the other day he just said "love ya" should I be worried? We were on break and I sat in the other break room and during the last minutes of break I texted him "ttyl" and he texted back "ttyl love ya" . I'm so used to him saying those three words out
    he has always texted me or said "I love you" straight out and I know "love ya" is uauallly casual and it kind of has been on my mind since he texted me it

Well, that's because it is more casual than "I love you". It just means that he's comfortable enough in the relationship to start using looser/slangier terms of affection, not that he's trying to distance himself (necessarily).

Though if I'm gonna be honest, if you're really wringing your hands over the I love you/love ya distinction in the first place, you're already super insecure about your relationship and it won't last. o/