Visibility of weight loss

When did you guys start to notice the weight loss visibly?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I noticed within 3 pounds. If i'm 10-20 lbs over a healthy weight, it takes 5 or 6.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    It really depends on your current weight. And it varies from person to person. Either way, sometimes it's harder to see the results in the mirror so in addition to weighing yourself, keep track of your measurements and take pictures regularly.
  • lindyyy87
    lindyyy87 Posts: 35 Member
    I noticed mine after about 9 pounds lost/one month. I took weekly progress pictures and had an initial goal of losing 25lbs (from 145 down to 120 pounds).
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    For me, it was about 30, mostly because my clothes were getting looser. This is one of those questions that will vary greatly from person to person and depends a lot on your body composition.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    i was a little bigger (225lbs size 18) and i have lost 25. I am down a size in pants and notice some things quite a bit. But, i have not had people who dont know i'm trying to lose weight ask me yet if i have lost weight. I think it all depends on start weight, how you carry weight and how much you lose. My husband has lost 30, but carries all of his weight in his stomach and face and lots of people have noticed on him. But, he is also almost to his goal weight now.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    lindyyy87 wrote: »
    I noticed mine after about 9 pounds lost/one month. I took weekly progress pictures and had an initial goal of losing 25lbs (from 145 down to 120 pounds).

I started at 149 and had a goal of 120. After I lost the first 9 pounds I had people telling me I had lost "a ton" of weight. :lol:
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    I'm 5'9. Lost 13 pounds no one noticed.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I'm 5'10 and don't have much to lose.. So I could see a difference after like 3 lbs
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    I had a lot to lose - over 100lbs. People around me say they can see it, and I've gone down 2 pants sizes, but I still look as big as ever when I look in the mirror. I've lost 39lbs.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm 5'9" and usually it's 10 to 15lbs before I get comments (which is pretty much my range of weight change). This attempt I've only lost 5 to 7lbs but have already gotten a few comments which is nice.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    40+ lbs down now and if I didn't have before pictures I'd swear I hadn't lost any weight at all. The mind will mess with you.
  • PatanjaliTwist
    PatanjaliTwist Posts: 485 Member
    I'm 5'7", have a slight build normally & had 30-lbs to lose. I'm down 10 & didn't see a difference until I'd lost 10... in the stomach/waist & I've almost lost the double chin. Strangely, with 10-lbs loss, my clothes are a bit looser, but not enough that I can fit into the next size down. I'm guessing I'll need to lose another 10 before I see major differences. I hold most of my weight in the stomach/waist.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Personally? I haven't. I've lost weight before and it was quite noticeable. But then I gained it back and this time around absolutely no changes. Side effect of multiple losses and gains - each time I gain it back I look much much larger even at lower weights.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    It depends how much I have to lose. After having a baby? It takes a good amount of weight to notice anything. After a bulk? 0.5lb can be super noticeable (at least to me, not others). Then as I get really lean it gets harder again.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It depends on how observant you are and what are your expectations to notice "visibly". I noticed my clothes a bit looser within 1-2 weeks.
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2017
    Again, depends how much you have to lose. My goal is to lose 100lbs and people started mentioning "you look great!" around 40 lbs lost.

I started noticing around 25-30lbs that I could fit into my old skinny jeans again.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    It depends on where you're starting...the bigger you are, the less noticeable initial losses are going to be.
  • stu7397
    stu7397 Posts: 6 Member
    Started a week ago and lost 11 pounds. Dropped 0.5 inch on my neck, but that's it. All other measurements are the same. No one knows I am trying to lose weight so it will be interesting when someone asks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It is a long time to "other" people to notice & even longer for them to say something.