Freeze Fat at Home?

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    People really will try anything before eating less lol I mean, I can't even blame you cause who doesn't love food? Sadly that's the only thing that will work. Rip to OPs hopes and dreams of slimming down and not putting in work

It's often that women want an hourglass figure and no amount of weight loss/fat loss is going to give them that if they don't have the right ratios, rib cage size, and bone structure. I have been a Size 00 and *thankfully* know that I'm short-waisted with long legs and narrow hips. At my thinnest, I get a slight waist curve and mostly nothing else. An "athletic" build. I fear a woman like this may be disappointed even if she lost every bit of extra fat.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So what happens to those athletes who submerge themselves in an ice-bath after a game? Do they melt away?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    This can't be real..
    You'd be shocked at what some people do to lose 5lbs. Lots of dumb stuff. Latest one I saw: a dude wearing a wet suit while spinning. Not during a class mind you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I should try this!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you really could freeze fat cells and make them leave the body do you really think an ice pack eill get the fat cells inside ypur body below 32 degrees Fahrenheit? You might get the skin the temp (and get frost bite) but it takes special equipment to get the body that cold safely.

Do you actually thnk this will work or are you just desperate for a quick fix?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    OP let me just tell you what happens if you actually "freeze" your skin:

It's called FROSTBITE. You'll lose weight when they have to amputate off dead tissue.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm still trying to figure out how OP is getting fat (internal and under the skin) to a temperature that would freeze it. All she is doing is making her skin cold and if she manages to keep the cold on long enough risk frostbite as you said. Out of all the things I've seen on here this baffles me most.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    OP let me just tell you what happens if you actually "freeze" your skin:

It's called FROSTBITE. You'll lose weight when they have to amputate off dead tissue.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm still trying to figure out how OP is getting fat (internal and under the skin) to a temperature that would freeze it. All she is doing is making her skin cold and if she manages to keep the cold on long enough risk frostbite as you said. Out of all the things I've seen on here this baffles me most.

There are certain medical procedures that use this principle (like coolsculpting) but they use an entirely different mechanism. They dont just slap an ice pack on and call it a day. They have a special device which suctions a fold of skin and fat and over the course of an hour freezes the area. Some of the fat cells are killed and subsequently metabolized.

eha-clinic-aesthetics-zeltiq-coolsculpting-treatment.jpg

This is what it looks like immediately after. it takes several months for optimal results to be seen, and the results are about 20-25% of fat in the local area that was frozen is reduced. I think it goes without saying, but do to the level of effectiveness, the cost of treatment, and the potential damage to skin coolsculpting is best for already lean individuals who have specific (likely genetic) "problem areas" despite already being lean.

EDIT: oh yeah, and the device works to target fat cells specifically. laying an icepack on yourself at home seems like a disaster waiting to happen with (like niner said) damage to muscle, skin, and other surrounding tissue.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    What happens when you thaw out.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please remember that if you don't have a positive contribution to make to a thread simply carrying on without making a comment is perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for your cooperation,

4legs

You are absolutely right. If the OP was serious, I do apologize for my sarcastic comment. But, as a person who's had to use ice packs on various spots frequently, I assure you, the fat is the one thing it doesn't help.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ok, I am positive that trying this at home would be ignorant (remember the definition here) and would result in the OP harming herself before it would result in fat loss. To suggest otherwise would be irresponsible.

ETA: In other words, please don't anyone actually try this and whatever you do, DO NOT use anything even colder. People have had to have limbs amputated because of that.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    dymenard89 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this? It seems there is scientific evidence to back this up. I'm currently lying on my back with an ice bag on my stomach. I have very specific areas I would like to target. Gonna give this a try and cross my fingers.

LOL!!! I only WISH that would work. Nope sorry OP. No easy ways out to lose, unfortunately.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think, OP, you would be better off actually getting of your back and do some exercises. Do the work, eat less, move more. I personally love ice, for injuries, pain and inflammation, that's it. Be careful, frost bites are real from ice packs, nasty and painful and take a while to heal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This is not a thing OP...
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    One thing I always remind myself of when it comes to weight loss techniques: be skeptical. Question things. Try to find scientific proof. And ask yourself honestly: "If this is so effective, why isn't everyone doing it?"

Ice is basically free, so you'd figure that if it was truly an effective weight loss tactic, everyone and their mother would be doing it!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    an0nemus wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this? It seems there is scientific evidence to back this up. I'm currently lying on my back with an ice bag on my stomach. I have very specific areas I would like to target. Gonna give this a try and cross my fingers.

Then why do penguins have so much fat?

And Walrus. They lay around on ice all the time.

This actually may work. I mean, once the doctors chop off the frost bitten tissue and do skin grafts she may be a tiny bit smaller...right?

I am the eggman
    They are the eggmen
    I am the walrus
    Goo goo g' joob g' goo goo g' joob
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

This actually may work. I mean, once the doctors chop off the frost bitten tissue and do skin grafts she may be a tiny bit smaller...right?

I am the eggman
    They are the eggmen
    I am the walrus

It's Cuckoo Cuchoo... Referencing the royals infidelities.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

I am the eggman
    They are the eggmen
    I am the walrus

It's Cuckoo Cuchoo... Referencing the royals infidelities.

Tell that to AZLyrics...