9 pound weight gain in 3 days!!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member

Here's how I do it:
    1. I fast for as long as I can that day. This gets my body to use up what I have stored more quickly.
    2. When I do eat, I stick to lower carb options, again to get my body to access the glycogen that I already have stored up.
    3. I drink a cleansing tea, like senna, dieter's tea, flat tummy tea, etc. Just something to gently but definitively get my digestion moving and help me eliminate the extra stuff.
    4. Exercise. I try to get more cardio during this time, because I really want to encourage your body to burn up your glycogen stores and sweat out the extra fluid. If I can, I will do the workout fasted and I will wear a sweat belt to stimulate more sweat.
    5. HYDRATE. This one is huge. I drink plenty of water and green tea to help stimulate the release of the water weight, as well as the excess sodium.

A bunch of yikes up here!

1. Don't fast. Just go back to your normal routine. Fasting can start a fast/binge cycle.
    2. If you want to do low carb, go ahead. But it isn't necessary.
    3. DON'T do this. Waste of money.
    4. Exercise is good, but it isn't punishment for your actions over the weekend. Exercise if you want.
    5. This one is ok.

I said what I do lol.
    Didn't say she had to do any of these things too.

Also, just to a few of your points:
    1. There's nothing inherently unhealthy or mentally damaging about controlled fasting.
    2. I've found a few dieters teas that work really well for me, so that's why I mentioned them. Just because they don't work well for you doesn't mean that they are a waste of money for everyone.
    3. I didn't say anything about punishing anyone. All I said was that I exercise and emphasize cardio when I'm trying to drop water, which is sound. A good hard sweat session after an off-program weekend does not have to be punishment. If I've been eating more than normal for a few days, I usually find that I have some extra juice in the gym, so why not take advantage of it to hit some PRs, increase my running mileage, etc. You can push yourself without punishing yourself.

People lose and maintain weight in different ways.
    Just because you don't want to do something doesn't make it unhealthy or a bad idea.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I admit it. I ate loads this weekend. .... horrified to see I'm 9 lbs heavier today. I didn't even put this amount on when I went to America for a week. .....

Because our food is so good that you did not want to restrain yourself. Either that or - Hey! That's not very nice. :o

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    But I'm absolutely horrified to see I'm 9 lbs heavier today. I didn't even put this amount on when I went to America for a week. I'm so mortified I've worked hard to get to that weight. One binge weekend and I'm 9lb up.
    No, you are not.

Water <> Fat

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2017
    My journal is open. Go look at my graph for the past couple of weeks and see what happened to me last Monday. My unrecorded weight from the previous Friday was 162.2. I typically only record once a week since I hit maintenance, but I recorded every day last week just to demonstrate how this kind of weight might come off.

The only thing I did differently was to drink a lot of water to flush out the sodium I presumed I'd taken in.
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member

I hope you get some help for your disordered eating before you do yourself serious damage

Thanks! :*
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    it's water weight. This happened to me one time. I don't recall why, but I was so confused that I created a thread asking about it. For me it was 10 lbs. Within 5 or 6 days it resolved itself. I just made sure I ate no more than 2300 mg of salt a day for that time, and drank A LOT of water.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited June 2017
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Not to be indelicate, but a lot of it is probably food waste and it will disappear as soon as you poop.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I've never seen weight gain like this in one day. My scales aren't broken either.

I put on 12lb over a couple days a few weeks back, lost it all over the next week though.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    I hear you! I managed a 11 pound gain in a week - for back on it and dropped 5Ibs in a day - the rest came of slower but I was back to normal after 10 days