Looking for Low Carb Diet Lifestyle Friends

Options
I just started a Low Carb Diet lifestyle change and I am looking for friends who are doing the same for support and motivation.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,023 Member
    Options
    Try GROUPS, that's where you'll find your people. :smile:

Here: (type in "low carb" in the search field once you are in groups)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups
  • HeartHealthyTeacherMom
    Options
    I thank you all for the invites to join your groups. I would also like to add people who are not in a group that are doing doing low carb........anyone out here?? I'm hearing crickets(smh).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,023 Member
    Options
    I am a moderate carb person. My calorie goal is around 1800 and I try to stay under 150g carbs.

What do you mean by "low carb?"
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RenfieldX wrote: »

^^^^ This is where most of us Ketophiles (low carbers) tend to hang out. There are literally thousands of us in the group (and it's not a "there's only one right way to do Keto/LCHF group ether, fwiw).
  • HeartHealthyTeacherMom
    Options
    I know that their are a lot of different types of ways that you can do a low carb diet. I am doing LCHF (not Keto). My calorie goal is around 1800 which I think is a bit too much and I try to stay under 50 grams of carbs. I was just simply asking if their was anyone on Myfitnesspal following "any" type of low carb diet that was not in a group. I see that no one has respond or sent me a friends request except one person. So I figure everyone must be in some type of group.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily on a low carb diet, but I have been making a point to keep mine around 80 grams or less because they are my nemesis!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I know that their are a lot of different types of ways that you can do a low carb diet. I am doing LCHF (not Keto). My calorie goal is around 1800 which I think is a bit too much and I try to stay under 50 grams of carbs. I was just simply asking if their was anyone on Myfitnesspal following "any" type of low carb diet that was not in a group. I see that no one has respond or sent me a friends request except one person. So I figure everyone must be in some type of group.

The group I gave you the link to above has ALL sorts of low carbers, slow carbers, those who follow Keto or modified version of Keto, Atkins, South Beach, etc.
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Most people on MFP are doing their own thing. The groups are just set up so that members can find people following similar ways of eating or who are in a similar situation, for information and support. You can be a member of many groups.

Anyway, our goals sound similar- I am doing LCHF but not keto. My calorie goal is around 1800 and I try to keep my carbs around 50g. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jameybirch93
    jameybirch93 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto - feel free to add :)
  • psdlvsjad
    psdlvsjad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is jennifer Feel free to add me
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since January and down 54 pounds. Add me if you want. :-)