CHEAT DAY??!!

Options
SkimpyMrsCarter
SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering what do your cheat days consist of?? Is it eating whatever u desire staying within your calorie goal? or is it eating whatever u want and not counting calories at all???

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    booze, bbq and restaurant meals are my usual "cheats" (I know it's a controversial term to some but I know what you mean and I still call it that because its just a light hearted turn of phrase for me ;P) but I just try to make it fit into my weekly deficit and log the best I can. I still lose, but you just have to make sure you don't decimate your weekly deficit, there has been occasions when I first started that it shoved me into maintenance (mostly because I didn't log). So have a play around and see if you can fit in a maintenance day or go over. :)
  • lelamae939
    lelamae939 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a "cheat meal" once a week. I never though of not calling it a cheat meal.. im with you, it's just a word.. however, i am open to changing that.. sooo.. I have a "not healthy meal" once a week. I have had success with it, however i do think it makes the cravings worse. I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for over 34 years now.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't log on special days (ie mine or my fiancé's birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, vacations, Superbowl Sunday, etc.). Any normal day though? I make my treats fit.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I was asking bc today i didnt eat as clean as i usually do however it all fit into my calorie goal so i guess this is not considered a cheat day, thanks everyone

If you fit it into your calorie goal, you did great. The ability to do this so that you don't feel deprived is a big key to being successful. Weight loss is entirely about calories.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Usually AYCE sushi or American Chinese food... I can't make that "fit" and still hit macros but I can go over periodically and still move towards my goals.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you dont have "cheat days", and if the things i wrote dont apply to you then why even bother commenting.

I thought my different framing might be helpful. But, whatever.

Best of luck on your journey.

Exactly why I made MY post on cheat days. Naysayers be darned. I feel in upswell, a movement of positivity coming on!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's never a cheat if it's within a calorie budget. That's just a good day.
    If it is something you'd call a cheat, it is at least 2x the calorie budget.

Anything less than 2x I can make up with exercise and convert into a good day.