Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

CHEAT DAY??!!

SkimpyMrsCarter
SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering what do your cheat days consist of?? Is it eating whatever u desire staying within your calorie goal? or is it eating whatever u want and not counting calories at all???

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    booze, bbq and restaurant meals are my usual "cheats" (I know it's a controversial term to some but I know what you mean and I still call it that because its just a light hearted turn of phrase for me ;P) but I just try to make it fit into my weekly deficit and log the best I can. I still lose, but you just have to make sure you don't decimate your weekly deficit, there has been occasions when I first started that it shoved me into maintenance (mostly because I didn't log). So have a play around and see if you can fit in a maintenance day or go over. :)
  • lelamae939
    lelamae939 Posts: 7 Member
    I allow myself a "cheat meal" once a week. I never though of not calling it a cheat meal.. im with you, it's just a word.. however, i am open to changing that.. sooo.. I have a "not healthy meal" once a week. I have had success with it, however i do think it makes the cravings worse. I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for over 34 years now.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    I don't log on special days (ie mine or my fiancé's birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, vacations, Superbowl Sunday, etc.). Any normal day though? I make my treats fit.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I was asking bc today i didnt eat as clean as i usually do however it all fit into my calorie goal so i guess this is not considered a cheat day, thanks everyone

If you fit it into your calorie goal, you did great. The ability to do this so that you don't feel deprived is a big key to being successful. Weight loss is entirely about calories.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Usually AYCE sushi or American Chinese food... I can't make that "fit" and still hit macros but I can go over periodically and still move towards my goals.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2017
    If you dont have "cheat days", and if the things i wrote dont apply to you then why even bother commenting.

I thought my different framing might be helpful. But, whatever.

Best of luck on your journey.

Exactly why I made MY post on cheat days. Naysayers be darned. I feel in upswell, a movement of positivity coming on!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    It's never a cheat if it's within a calorie budget. That's just a good day.
    If it is something you'd call a cheat, it is at least 2x the calorie budget.

Anything less than 2x I can make up with exercise and convert into a good day.