What kind of bread do you eat?

Anybody try Ezikiel or Silver Hills bread? I am thinking about trying these types of bread. I like white and rye bread but when I have those around I tend to overindulge.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I eat mostly challah and flour tortillas. I have cut back on my bread consumption, but I haven't tried any sprouted/health breads unless we count multigrain challah.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I eat Ezekiel bread. It's very different from white bread, both in texture and taste. I enjoy it though.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I like honey wheat best and occasionally bake sourdough also.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Great grains and Dave's Seed bread are my most used. My sister buys Grandma Sickamores bread as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Bagels, bagel thins, seeded or protein sandwich thins, farmhouse white bread or soft bread rolls usually.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    I eat Silver Hills Little Big Bread. I love it!
  • highwood125
    highwood125 Posts: 31 Member
    I eat Silver Hills Little Big Bread. I love it!

https://silverhillsbakery.ca/our-products/little-big-bread/
  • melodydee66
    That's the one. At only 55 calories a slice and high fiber, it's a great option.
  • highwood125
    The hamburger and hot dog buns they have look good!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Arnolds or Pepperidge Farm100% whole wheat or multigrain. More calories (110), but dense and nutritious so it fills me up better than the air bread that only has 50 calories.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I use the silver hills bread too. If I can afford the calories my favorite is Dave's bread tho.
  • melodydee66
    Personally I like having smaller slices of bread. I don't find them "air". Usually sandwich's or bread is just too much for me, so this gives me a chance to really enjoy the filling. I like a good ole BLT with Little Big Bread. Lots of lettuce and tomato and avocado! Yum!
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    I eat Nature's Harvest Light 100% Whole Wheat Bread. It is 40 cal/slice. Not too hearty or dense, but for a lunch sandwich or morning toast it is perfect for me. It wouldn't cut it for a big burger or say, a monte cristo sandwich...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Enough butter and ezekiel bread goes down. The taste isn't bad, but the texture is grainy. Not my favorite. If I really want bread, I'll have a biscuit or a sister Schubert's yeast roll. Aside from that, I just don't eat it....it triggers my desire for more, and more, and more....
  • highwood125
    Enough butter and ezekiel bread goes down. The taste isn't bad, but the texture is grainy. Not my favorite. If I really want bread, I'll have a biscuit or a sister Schubert's yeast roll. Aside from that, I just don't eat it....it triggers my desire for more, and more, and more....

I know...bread is my weakness! Especially white bread, I have been known to grab a slice of white bread and just eat it like that with nothing on it. I have done that with hamburger/hot dog buns too.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I don't eat a lot of bread, but the Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel was good as french toast. Not sure I would use it for anything where I wasn't toasting it though, as I can only buy it frozen. (Maybe it would be fine, but I feel like it would be soggy...)
    Having it frozen is a sure fire way to slow me down when it comes to eating it though.

I really like English Muffins.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    As a general rule, whatever is on sale.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    For preference, home made, so that'll be whatever I've been inspired to make that week. Just now it tends to be plain white no-knead lazy pants easy bread.

I do moderate bread more than I used to, it seems to vary a lot from person to person if that's hard to do or not. I don't have too much trouble with it.

I find wholemeal more filling than white, and in general, home made is more filling to me than factory made, as it doesn't have that candy floss texture created by high speed mechanical mixing, which seems to leave me a bit hollow, I think it's a bit too easy to digest. (Of course if you have a stand mixer, you can get that texture at home too, it's not some kind of industrial witchcraft).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Lately I have my homemade whole wheat bread, 1 lb per week.