Women: sport panties

I know, weird subject.... but do you other ladies for panties while working out! There's days I wear my jogging shorts with built in undies and others I'm lazy and wear my everyday cheekies from VS. I want a more comfortable cotton panty that obviously doesn't ride up while working out. I'm currently doing the Shaun T T25 so I'm moving a lot!

Would love all your recommendations!

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm the same as you. Somedays I wear regular panties under shorts and if I'm wearing shorts with built in panties I go without underwear.
    ETA: I workout at home , I don't think I'll be comfortable not wearing underwear outside:)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Following this thread as I would love to find some decent workout panties that don't ride up. I'm not really that comfortable going commando in my workout bottoms and sometimes I want to wear them more than once (unless I'm seriously sweating, in which case they go in the wash). Right now I'm just wearing my regular nylon boy short ones and they're just OK. Cotton is not a good choice, IMO, as they get damp and stay that way even with a light workout.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I wear normal, full coverage undies with loose clothes (like shorts, even the ones with the built in bit), and g-string/thongs with leggings. I do predominantly weights though, so not running around!

I could never wear nothing! I can just imagine lying on a bench in shorts and someone getting an eye full...

And.... Panties is the most cringe worthy word ever! Haha (not one used regularly in Australia thank goodness!)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I wear normal, full coverage undies with loose clothes (like shorts, even the ones with the built in bit), and g-string/thongs with leggings. I do predominantly weights though, so not running around!

I could never wear nothing! I can just imagine lying on a bench in shorts and someone getting an eye full...

And.... Panties is the most cringe worthy word ever! Haha (not one used regularly in Australia thank goodness!)

That's really spot on. One of those words that just doesn't sound nice at all. I will call them undies (for down under) from now on. :D
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Are you sure you want cotton? Cotton is usually the last thing you want to wear if you're going to be sweating.

Personally, I just wear my usual Commando (the brand name) underwear. They stay put as long as I adjust after pulling on my compression shorts. No underwear would stay in the right spot while pulling those on.

I bought a pair of UnderArmour underwear - not the thongs, I've never been able to adjust to those - but kind of a boyshort style and I don't like them. The fabric is just not comfortable.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    If I wear bike shorts/spandex shorts I don't wear anything but I just wear normal boy short cotton panties with regular shorts.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited June 2017
    Stay away from cotton. There are a variety of wicking fabrics on the market which are better for you and more comfortable. Duluth Trading (buck naked and armachillo styles) and ex officio are high quality, but a little spendy. There are some cheaper ones too, don't remember the brands off hand.

PS Please remember that people of both sexes will read this thread and visualize its contents.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Gahhhhh! Always commando! Always!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,645 Member
    I wear shorts with built in knickers for running, or a fine merino wool g-string from Lululemon under tights. They're brilliant.
  • skonger
    skonger Posts: 26 Member
    Yes definitely commando, less chance of chafing...
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I like the shorts with built in panties or its a thong. No pantie lines please.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Omg! You want "Knixwear"! They're freaking fantastic and now I wear them 24-7 whether working out or not. They have regular, sport, and sport leakproof (for periods). They are soooo soft, wash well, and have no lines. They also come in cheeky, bikini, thong, etc. They're about $60 to try out 3 different pairs in any variety. They're online-only and the best investment I ever made in underwear.
  • Dree216
    Dree216 Posts: 31 Member
    Under Armour has moisture-wicking panties that are light & soft in different colors & styles. Great for aerobics & running
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I wear the under armour thongs. Basically any of the ...what's it called? Razor cut? Seamless sport thongs. The RBX ones are okay too.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    I prefer thongs or nothing at all when I work out. I hate panty lines.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm doing T25 too! Since I'm at home, I only wear underwear. Cotton doesn't bother me since the workout is short and I'm going to take it right off when I'm done. I like the Hanes cotton bikini or hipster, fruit of the loom mesh bikini or breathable hipster. I just recently got a "breathe" thong from Gap, and it is good under leggings/bike shorts for lifting and running. Can't vouch for the fit of the bikini or other styles, but the material is good for working out.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    Are you sure you want cotton? Cotton is usually the last thing you want to wear if you're going to be sweating.

Personally, I just wear my usual Commando (the brand name) underwear. They stay put as long as I adjust after pulling on my compression shorts. No underwear would stay in the right spot while pulling those on.

I bought a pair of UnderArmour underwear - not the thongs, I've never been able to adjust to those - but kind of a boyshort style and I don't like them. The fabric is just not comfortable.

I was gonna say ditch the cotton too. I have no idea why so many companies use a moisure-holding, blister-inducing material in sensitive areas.. I prefer the Gilligan-O'Malley (a Target brand) turned inside out so the seams and cotton gusset aren't against my skin.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    ..or nothing if I'm wearing a pair of shorts where they put consideration into seam placement and type of seam.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    @wedyleigh: thanks for the knixwear info! I want to try them- they are sold out of a lot of items, and are having a sale ATM.