A tiny NSV

Options
Some background... I grew up on pop. My mom started giving it to me as a toddler and I never stopped. I went days as a kid where I didn't drink any water... only pop and sugary drinks. I've decided a few times now to cut back or quit drinking my (diet) pop. I used to have two or three a day. Cut back to one and am now trying to have it as seldom as possible. Well today I decided I would let myself have one at work because I needed a little pick me up and wasn't in the mood for coffee. I ended up having several bottles of water and never gave in to the tempation of the diet Pepsi! I am so proud of myself! And I never noticed my lack of caffine.

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I'm an Diet Coke addict myself. I'm increasing my water, but have not been able to kick it -- thanks for the inspiration.
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! WTG!!!!!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! And isn't funny how we don't miss things after awhile! Lots of little victories
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That is a Big NSV, not a tiny one. It was so hard for me to give up soda. I had a little bit of coke the other day, and I couldnt stand the way it tasted. Good for you. Congradulations.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As a former diet soda pop addict, I say this is not a tiny nsv, it's HUGE. YEA to getting healthier. love it.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Way 2 go I also only drunk soda haven't had one in four months who knew I could live without it...lol I did try one taste like syrup know I say what was the hype :) keep up the good work!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I kicked my Coke-turned-Diet Coke addiction over two years ago. I was SO addicted it was all I drank for years!!! Cold turkey, I gave it up and never looked back. Best thing I did for myself until I started running last year!

Water and iced tea (unsweetened) is pretty much it now... with the occasional adult beverage thrown in, and I mean once every month of two!
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    As a former diet soda pop addict, I say this is not a tiny nsv, it's HUGE. YEA to getting healthier. love it.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    agreed very huge!
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much!!! I had a diet pepsi several weeks ago and it gave me heartburn (which I never get). I guess my body isn't used to it anymore. I'm keeping my morning beverage alone for now (either coffee or a chai tea bag with skim milk and a truvia) but I would like to eventually get off of that too and just have green tea.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!