Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I want this too. Except I haven't made many efforts lately. :(

What is holding you back? Time/energy? Opportunity/place to exercise?

Maybe if you can identify your barriers you can strategize how to defeat them.

Energy was a big one for me at first...cleaning up the diet a bit and getting a couple of weeks of solid sleep really helped me out of the gate.

Now I'm just trying to keep it up...

This is key, isn't it? I can't figure out whats up with me. I know how to do this, I've lost almost 45 pounds, and I still have a bunch to go, but I can't seem to make it through a whole week anymore. Can't seem to find the motivation to workout and then I indulge in the stress snacks....then I say *kitten* it, whats the point and drink some wine and think, I'll start tomorrow. Tomorrow keeps repeating.

For me it's definitely the alcohol. I know exactly how to lose weight to. I just have to do it. And stop drinking wine every night. UGH...

Have you tried mixing the wine with seltzer or flavored sugar-free soda? I tried it the other night, cab with cherry and it was actually ok, stretched 4 oz into 10!
  • peachtoad
    peachtoad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I am 5foot 4in and have always wanted to be a dress size smaller than I am. I have never achieved this goal and constantly get upset with myself when months of weighing food and regular exercise to create a calorie deficit produces no results! I can only hope that long term discipline will eventually pay off and if I find that I look too thin, well then I'll have a great time putting some weight back on again!
    My advice would be "live in the now". Tomorrow something else may happen to derail your efforts, you can only control what happens now, so forget about outside factors and things going on to dictate your food choices. If your strong to resist temptation then you can go to bed knowing you had one good day!
    Sorry for the lengthy reply and I hope it powers you a little to push through those days when we all just want to eat the entire contents of the kitchen!
  • Bfit614
    Bfit614 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing. 120 lbs is all yours.
  • dhallsolo
    dhallsolo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I am always in awe when I hear a female weighs 120 or 115 lbs! It seems like these are "ideal" weights...However at almost 5'8, I would look like I was on death's doorstep!

I disagree a little. I am the same height and many people consistently said I looked great when I hit 120. Fortunately I listened to my body and gained back another 10 because I ached when I moved... And then people started saying I'd slipped and would get fat again!! I didn't. But I am glad I listened to my body. Just goes to show how different people's perceptions can be.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight the last 2 weeks at all
  • CaptainAmericaGirlYASSS
    Options
    That's my goal weight too!
    You can do it! (:
  • HungryRC
    HungryRC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I believe you both can do it! Stay strong.
  • karmababycakes29
    karmababycakes29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just want to make it through a week feeling like i've been successful in my efforts! But I hear ya.

I want this too. Except I haven't made many efforts lately. :(

Yes me to but I keep failing
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What magical thing happens at 120 lbs?
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm super short and I look deathly ill at 120 (5'3") - believe it or not, I look my most fit/lean around 145, but numbers on a scale are all relative. I pay more attention to how clothes fit than anything else.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Goals aren't fixed and permanent, unless you get there and like how you look and feel. Go for it and reassess periodically.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I weigh 114.6lbs. I wasn't really trying to get to a certain number, but naturally my body is at a comfortable weight. I used to be 163lbs after having my 3rd kid. It took me a few years, but I have never felt so healthy and happy. I jog moderately and do light weights at home, that's all. I pretty much eat whatever I want, but I try to keep calories at my maintenance. (1500). I've found that patience is key and don't stress about not having a quick loss. It took a long time for you to gain the weight, give it time to lose it as well. Good luck!
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 125 and I don't look deathly Ill so it's crazy to me that a lot of you way shorter do. Hmmm.

But if you want to be 120 go for it

Where are you now? Just don't be mad or upset or give up if you don't do it in your time frame.

You got this though...of 120 is your goal that you want then that's the goal you should go for. *kitten* everyone else.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    120lb for me is 15.4 BMI. They say that's underweight.

I don't generally trust BMI, but it may be on to something.
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    120lb for me is 15.4 BMI. They say that's underweight.

I don't generally trust BMI, but it may be on to something.

BMI is antiquated and dumb. I could be read at 11% by calipers or bodpod and still be 29-30% BMI
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Currently I am 117 pounds at 5'5". I was 170 pounds in 2010. If I could do it, then so could anyone. As long as it's not an unhealthy goal weight.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1Wildthang wrote: »
    I haven't lost any weight the last 2 weeks at all

It took me several years to lose over fifty pounds. Patience and determination are very important factors in my weight loss. Those many years are a remind for me not to go back to bad habits I had. I don't want to throw away all those years for nothing. They were a journey and not a temporary diet trial. It's a long haul with many ups and downs.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I guess I've been stressed out lately
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want to drop down to 120 as well. It seems like a low number, but I am 5"4. When I was 135 I still had somewhat of a belly.