working out and eating clean but gaining weight ?

Options
hi guys
about 2 and a half weeks ago i started to eat healthier and workout.

im eating around 1300 cals whatever mfp set my goal to lose 2 pounds a week. the first week i worked out 5 days that week and i went down feom 208 to 202. now this week ive hit the gym everday i ataarted at 15 minjtes if cardio and have now bumpes it to 36 minutes. after that i do the seated leg press, hip absuct machines, assisted chin ups/dips and other arm and leg machines that i rotate every couple days. my whole workout is about and hour to an hour and a half. this week im back up to 206 and want to know why im gaining if i look slimmer i feel great and stronger ?

Replies

• sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You may be overestimating your calorie intake. Are you weighing your food
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You may be overestimating your calorie intake. Are you weighing your food?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal for your body to retain more water than normal after staring a new workout. Your muscles hold on to water to repair thrmselves or something like that?? Lol...
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't use the hip abductor machines. They're dangerous because they cause wear on your actual hips and do little or nothing to improve inner or outer thigh muscle. Do lunges with dumbells or a barbell, instead. If your gym has lateral step machines, those are a better choice, too.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake?
  • moya1219
    moya1219 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i have a food scale that i use
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Then, if that's the case, keep at it! Patience.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds like water weight.

And if you're accurately recording your food intake and know you are within your calorie allowance weight loss will follow, it just takes time.. a LOT of time.

All the best.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1) Be patient
    2) Weigh and log everything you eat and drink
    3) "Clean" foods are not a thing