SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Options

Replies

• DivineSensation
    DivineSensation Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are we all still here guys? So proud of all you ladies for sticking it out through this first week. Learned this week that A. I dont have to kill myself to lose the weight, B.I may not lose a pound a day!!! Drepressing...and freeing all at the same time. So happy to be a part of this team with all of you. Is anyone having any trouble? I know Sunday I had a bit of a relapse and at alot of pizza, felt disgusting and kinda like a failure. Im so glad we have a support system here though, and Im always here for anyone that needs to talk!
  • DivineSensation
    Options
    Yes. I'm still here Just trying to continue to hang on in there. I seem to exercise early in the day and then eat and then by the time dinner is done and over with I feel like I have not eaten a thing at all. So that is my struggle.......Makin sure that I eat but don't over-indulge before the kitchen closes. Also.....now, since my hubby will be leaving in a few days it is driving me crazy so I stay up plenty of nights and I think that that is not helping the situation at all. But you make sure that you keep up the good work and stay motivated as well...... I'm here for you.
  • DivineSensation
    Options
    Hey team.......I'm checkin in with you all. My starting weight was 147.......now I am 148. UGH!!!!!!. Some people say that since I am strength training as well that it may be muscle. I am not sure..... but I am going to stay encouraged and continue to keep on working out. I have calculated myself at 10 points. I hope that every one else is still going strong and keeping up the good work that I know that they can do. Come on TEAM BLACK....... BE ENCOURAGED AND STAY ENCOURAGED.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Thanks for posting all your stats up I will get them all added up and let you know how we did! It's been a crazy busy week and it doesn't seem to be slowing down for me!

I will be posting week 2 information this evening and that will start tomorrow ...

And don't be discouraged if the scale goes up! I know that it is, but try not to be! Mine went up and I spent this past week getting it all off!

I started at 353 and I'm currently at 347 - so 6lbs lost this week. Had the lbs not gone up I would have actually lost 11 :(
    However, I have chosen to also look at inches because I do suspect some of the was replaced by muscle and thus causing some increase. Probably the situation for you Keonia!

The kitchen also closed on time for me every night!
    Alright, keep up the great work Team Black and I will be getting that info up for you this evening!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Here is our Week 2 Challenge
    *I want to give a special thank you to losinit-4-good(Team Green) and tigertown11(Team Orange) for helping me with this weeks challenges.

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    You still did an awesome job with the 4lb weight loss! That is awesome for one week :)
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    that was for sara lol
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Sara -4 loss 1 pt
    Keonia: 0 loss 4pts
    Katlyn : 0.8 loss 4pts
    Ashley : 1.8 loss 4pts
    Sarah 6 loss 4 pts

Total weight lost: 12.6 lbs. Total points: 17

No one posted any pictures, so we didn't get extra points there. So it looks like these are our final scores for week 1:

It's a great start. I know that it kinda got dead for a while and we need to shake things up! What do you all think about each of us take turns creating daily mini-goals? maybe this can help us to check in at least once per day?
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.8 lbs. That might put us on top for weight loss.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    hows everyone doing?! whats the challenge again this week?
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    hows everyone doing?! whats the challenge again this week?

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Week 2 Challenge(7/27-8/3)

(7/27) Cardio Challenge-1 Hour Workout consisting of 45 minutes cardio and 15 minutes Yoga.
    10 sets of 10 jumping jacks

(7/27)Strength-5 sets of 5 push-ups

(7/27)Emotional Challenge-Being the weigh that I am now, has always bothered me, because I cant run and play as much as I want to with my little boy. I cant slide on the slides with him at the park and I get tired so fast when he still wants to play. On the other hand, I have my amazing husband who loves me for who I am and has always told me I am beautiful no matter how big and ugly I feel.

(7/27)Food Challenge-Chicken Picatta with mushrooms and spaghetti

Ingredients:
    1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied and pounded thin
    1 lb Fresh Mushrooms
    1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti
    Low Sodium Chicken Broth
    Onion and Garli (measure to your tastes)
    Flour
    salt and pepper to taste
    I throw in a splash of milk and a cup or so of baby spinach at the end and let it wilt down adds lots of vitamins!

Directions:
    Cook Pasta (we all know how to do that!)
    Heath olive oil in a pan, lightly dust chicken with flour, cook until crispy, and set aside.
    Chop onions, and garlic and throw in the pan, slice mushrooms and add them.
    Once the onions and mushrooms are cooked down add a little bit of salt and pepper and about a tablespoon of the flour, let it cook out.
    Add Chicken broth, I use almost an entire box, it just depends on what you want your sauce to pasta ratio to be. Let it thicken up and add a splash of milk. Salt and pepper to taste. Throw in the spinach if you wish, and then add the chicken back to the sauce.

Let the chicken heat through then serve over whole wheat spaghetti.
    1 Serving(1 4oz. piece of chicken, 1 cup of noodles, 1 cup of sauce with as many veggies as you'd like) is,354 Calories, 41g Carbs, 3g Fat, 34g Protein.

Did 45 minutes of steps today, almost 5000 steps. 10 sets of 10 jumping jacks and 5 sets or 5 pushup.
    Got about 8 hours of sleep last night.
  • katelyn002
    Options
    alright so im a little behind on posting my recipe and stuff fo rthe challenges... but ill get to it tomorrow... Anyone besides bella and I out there on team black!? Or do we need some new team mates? :smile:
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I'm still out here!

it was a busy week last week, but thankfully it should die down here for the next couple of weeks.

I look forward to seeing everyone's recipe, I still haven't put mine up but I will find some of my favs this evening and post it up at some point. This weekend I'm going to try out the Chicken Picatta with mushrooms! I love love mushrooms!

Also this weekend I'm going to try to plan my week's menu. I'm finding meal times to be difficult and I just don't ever feel like eating anything. I thought maybe if I have it already planned then it will help me not have to figure out what to make, and do all the math. Do any of you do menus? If so how has it helped you?
  • katelyn002
    Options
    Alright first off, the chicken piccatta does sound great!!

How do i handle the struggle of being the weight i am... Well its not seen as a struggle to others, just me... All my life ive been the heavier little sister and i hate that! Its all personal issues i guess

Im still looking for a good recipe :ohwell:
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Hi Im new in this site. Im soo ready to lose weight and be healhty again!. Im not too sure what to put this. Im still learning about this site. Gave me time please. Im single mom with two girls that are 3 and 2. 11 months apart. Very handful. Im going tho divorce (I have been going tho very diffculy years). its time to get up and go workout with a team!. This year Im going make it better and love myself as everyone else too!!. I cant wait to get to know more about this team and do workout. I love it. I finally work out yesterday. It felt so great!. Lets go black team!

MFP current weight:187..(I ve only lost 15 lbs since birth in 2008. Been pregnant two year stright.)
    Weight Goal; 145- 135lb

last time I looked at site...of how cook better in oil. I start using organic coconut oil instead regular oil for to cook my chicken...its not too bad. I reallly need to buy another of Nuwave. its the best thing ever to cook it.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    OKAY Ladies, I did 45 minutes of cardio tonight. Feeling great today! Im going out of town for the night, ready to relax by the pool and spend a huge part of the night in a hot tub! I wont be near a computer until tomorrow. I'll post tomorrow and see how everyones doing. Hope y'all have a great weekend!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hi Im new in this site. Im soo ready to lose weight and be healhty again!. Im not too sure what to put this. Im still learning about this site. Gave me time please. Im single mom with two girls that are 3 and 2. 11 months apart. Very handful. Im going tho divorce (I have been going tho very diffculy years). its time to get up and go workout with a team!. This year Im going make it better and love myself as everyone else too!!. I cant wait to get to know more about this team and do workout. I love it. I finally work out yesterday. It felt so great!. Lets go black team!

MFP current weight:187..(I ve only lost 15 lbs since birth in 2008. Been pregnant two year stright.)
    Weight Goal; 145- 135lb

last time I looked at site...of how cook better in oil. I start using organic coconut oil instead regular oil for to cook my chicken...its not too bad. I reallly need to buy another of Nuwave. its the best thing ever to cook it.

Hi Emma,

Welcome to Team Black!

I'm glad you are ready to lose weight

I'm sorry to hear about the divorce, but hopefully your weight loss journey will prove to be a welcomed changed in your life.

So each week have have a series of challenges we need to complete in different categories to earn points. One of the challenges this week that we have to do is find a healthy recipe to share with the group ... then as a team we will pick which one to submit to the main group where it will be voted on. So as soon as you find one post it in here with the nutritional information! Maybe you have one using the coconut oil? I've been hearing more and more about coconut oil and I;m thinking I should try it out. :)
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    OKAY Ladies, I did 45 minutes of cardio tonight. Feeling great today! Im going out of town for the night, ready to relax by the pool and spend a huge part of the night in a hot tub! I wont be near a computer until tomorrow. I'll post tomorrow and see how everyones doing. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Great job fitting in some cardio before going out of town- that is commitment! Spending some time in the pool and a hot tob sounds incredible! I hope you have a great lil getaway.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Alright first off, the chicken piccatta does sound great!!

How do i handle the struggle of being the weight i am... Well its not seen as a struggle to others, just me... All my life ive been the heavier little sister and i hate that! Its all personal issues i guess

Im still looking for a good recipe :ohwell:

I totally get the personal issues, in fact last night I think I was in a bit of a deep stream of consciouness and I let out some of those personal inssues in an intro here on MFP ... afterward I felt like ooopppsss and there was no delete button!

finding a recipe is harder than I thought it would be- mostly because they don't provide nutritional info on most!