Vitamins / supplements to aid weight loss

Options
Hi does anyone know of a good vitamin/ supplement to take alongside a healthy diet to aid weight loss?

Replies

• SarzJWix
    SarzJWix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make sure that I have iodine in my diet to support my dodgy thyroid, and chromium for blood sugar regulation. You should be able to get those things from good nutrition rather than from a supplement though, because your body will absorb them better from food :smile:
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If any pill existed to lose weight (without nasty side effects) we would all be at Golden Corral's Buffett for lunch and Cici's pizza buffet for dinner.

If you are a in a very low calorie diet, a daily multivitamin is often suggested in case you don't get all your nutrition from food.
    Sarz, many multis contain iodine for thyroid support.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Sorry, nothing you can buy legally will work, and nothing you can buy that will work would be legal.

• SarzJWix
    SarzJWix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sarz, many multis contain iodine for thyroid support.

Yes, but so does fish, seafood, seaweed, and free range/outdoor eggs, amongst other things.
    Whilst chromium can be found in:
    Whole grains, brown rice, mushrooms, brewer's yeast, beef, beer, chicken, calves' liver, cheese, eggs, fish, game, lamb, seafood, corn, potatoes, dairy products, and most fresh vegetables and herbs.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I chew sweet gum for sugar cravings, other than that I don't think vitamins will help you to lose weight.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You don't need vitamins or pills to lose weight. Now if you wanna take a one a day vitamin, i can see that./ that's what i do. :)
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Caffeine
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    While I take a lot of supplements, none directly helps with weight loss.

Iron does indirectly, because when I'm anemic I have crippling fatigue and therefore move less, decreasing the CO side of the weight loss equation.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    And again....if there was do you think we would be here.

nothing can AID in weight loss in conjunction to a healthy calorie deficit diet?
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    And again....if there was do you think we would be here.

nothing can AID in weight loss in conjunction to a healthy calorie deficit diet?

Anything that works is illegal and highly dangerous.

That being said, vitamin supplements are good if you are having troubles fitting a healthy daily amount within your calorie goals. These wont help with weight loss but overall health in general.