Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Yep. 7 weeks now
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I was until I had to have my gallbladder out 2 months ago. Now I do almost Keto but can't eat the 70-75% fat. I can only go as high as about 60% right now.
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jaybirdee wrote: »
    Anyone else doing Ketogenic diet?

I am and love it.
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options

My macros. 30c/73fat/99 protein. I'm losing fat daily.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yes. For a couple of years.

Join the Low Carber Daily MFP group for more keto'ers.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jaybirdee
    jaybirdee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My macros are 30c/93f/60p. I lost about 6 pounds quickly and have kept it off. But nothing at all the past month.
    Any guidance?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My macros are 30c/93f/60p. I lost about 6 pounds quickly and have kept it off. But nothing at all the past month.
    Any guidance?

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Also, how tall are you and how many pounds are you to your goal weight?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Phatcat313 wrote: »

My macros. 30c/73fat/99 protein. I'm losing fat daily.

Fat loss doesn't actually occur daily. Weekly, yes. Daily losses are water weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kdz0444 wrote: »
    I was until I had to have my gallbladder out 2 months ago. Now I do almost Keto but can't eat the 70-75% fat. I can only go as high as about 60% right now.

keto is 60% fat or more.
  • kazinmich
    kazinmich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my husband and I are doing keto and looking for people to share food, ideas, etc. Feel free to add me. I just started tracking food again since we lost the initial 30 lbs and want to start eating even better once the processed snacks are gone.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

keto is 60% fat or more.

Keto is really more about restricting carbs, and possibly - to a much lesser degree - protein. Keto is usually considered to be under 20-50g of carbs per day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

keto is 60% fat or more.

Keto is really more about restricting carbs, and possibly - to a much lesser degree - protein. Keto is usually considered to be under 20-50g of carbs per day.

yes,but most keto sites recommend 60% or more calories of fat and 50g net or less carbs.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options

FWIW, my macros were at 60% fat (sometimes 65%) for most of my time on keto. (I'm currently LCHF but not quite keto levels. I've been experimenting with different macros at maintenance.) Seemed to work well for me. Hope things go well for you too!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

keto is 60% fat or more.

If two macros come down, one must come up.