Short Women from about 4'9-5'2...Calorie Intake??

Options
12346»

Replies

• sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i'M 5' 1.5" and 122.

My net calories average 1200--which is using MFP or Fitbit's assumptions about exercise which for me is 3x week of 40 min cardio, 30 min weight training, plus 1 yoga class. I am otherwise fairly sedentary--desk job.

At that level I am supposed to drop .5 lbs/week. I did lose a bit until this past week--went away for the weekend and although I logged as well as I could, I had to guesstimate most of my meals and am actually up .5 lbs. I am going to try to stick to 1200 gross (not eat back exercise) and see what happens.

My maintenance is just about 1450. Hoping to add some muscle mass to increase that and get more movement during the day (probably average 7k steps when not working out).
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'2" here, and MFP puts me at ~1300 / day to lose a crummy .25 a week. That's just ridiculous but I don't really have a choice right XD (Also the classic '2000/days for women for maintenance' is bull in my case. Sure, if I ran 2 hours every single day, I guess.)

Sometimes I eat back my exercise calories, but I try to keep it at 50% since I know my logging isn't accurate.

• ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5'1'' here, bmr is 1350 calories and to lose weight I eat 1300-1500 calories. I walk a lot and work out and to maintain I need 1800-2000 calories a day. Pretty much with the activity I do I need the same calories as the average woman (I guess she's taller). I weigh 126 lbs