Energy?

2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Ashley2733 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    What is it that your GP tested? Has he tested thyroid, ferritin, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D and were all things well within the range and not just about within the normal range? All those things can make you tired and/or have an effect on motivation. I would get a printout of your results and really look at them. If there's anything of those things just about within the range then this might actually be the reason. If those things have not been tested then request them. Keep in mind that any B12 test is useless if you're taking any supplements containing B12, also fortified cereals.

I assumed he checked all of those, I had 3 pages of results he gave me. I guess I could ask to be rechecked. Alot of people are saying maybe depression, which could be possible, because I've lost an overall interest in everything. So maybe thats it, but I just didn't think that would or could make me feel this bad?

Loss of interest in things that you used to enjoy is a big red flag for depression, along with decreased energy levels. It's worth considering whether that could be what's going on, although of course nobody online can diagnose you and I'm not trying to tell you that it's definitely depression. FWIW, in the times when my depression has been very active and I'm not managing it well, it makes me feel worse than anything I've ever experienced. My energy level drops to zero and I don't want to do anything at all. When I get back into the swing of managing it well, I feel completely different. My whole point in saying this is that, IF you are experiencing depression, it's treatable and you can get back to feeling better. You're not stuck feeling this bad forever.
    This. This is how I feel, and yep.... depression.

If your nutrition and hydration are spot on, I'd consider seeing the doctor.

Have you been stressed or anxious lately?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Go to your doctor and ask specifically to be evaluated for depression. There's no reason to stay in suspense and to suffer in the meantime. Make the appointment now.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I have a question? Is there any supplements or anything you guys would recommend for energy, I have zero motivation to do anything at all, I don't get it. I don't think at 29 years old this is how I should feel. I went to the doctor and had blood work done last September everything was good. So I'm at a loss. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you!!I have a question? Is there any supplements or anything you guys would recommend for energy, I have zero motivation to do anything at all, I don't get it. I don't think at 29 years old this is how I should feel. I went to the doctor and had blood work done last September everything was good. So I'm at a loss. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
    It's been about a month or so. I get between 6 to 7 hours of sleep. I literally just started up again today to try to lose weight, so no i haven't been in a calorie deficit.

Everything was good in blood work done 8 or 9 months before you started experiencing the problem? That's pretty irrelevant, don't you think? A lot can change in that amount of time. You might want to see your doctor again and discuss this issue.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Yah. You're just 10 lbs off. So I think you're fine. Nutrition-wise you want to eat red meat for some energy.
    What worked for me mentally with depression is working out.
    I go balls to the wall, then I feel better mentally.
    I get into an almost meditative state when I run.
    I also do yoga and that is difficult but very beneficial. Try some of that. See if you get a lil pep in your step
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    If all of your bloodwork is good then definitely consider seeing a therapist for a couple of visits. When I hit 30 I went through a period of time where I just really wanted change in my life. I wasn't depressed persay I just felt too bored with everything. I wish I would have seen someone but instead I kicked my life up a notch in a few areas and it made me more motivated in everything.

As for weight loss, I just started early this year. 90lbs down but still have a long way to go. What motivated me was actually nothing other than commitment to 30 hard straight days of workout. I went from rather inactive to loving the gym. I'm not going to lie that first month was hard but I did it!!! The motivation poured in! I did something I had never even dreamed of doing before and I aced it. The pounds dropped off, my clothes were too big, but most of all I felt amazing. Now I'm a gym rat. I love going there. My sleep improved and I realized how important it is.

My thoughts (I'm not a doc)...get with your doc, a nutritionist, counselor/therapist, and a gym. Also, get 7-8 hours of sleep that might help. Limit the caffeine and stop it by 2-4pm...maybe just give it a try.
  • cdmanney
    cdmanney Posts: 93 Member
    I have similar issues like what you're describing and recently found out about "atypical depression." It's like a high-functioning depression versus melancholic depression that more people are familiar with. Definitely see a professional and discuss some options.