What causes you to relapse when you are dieting

For me the main issue which causes me to stop dieting is when I see little or no progress. If there is no change on the weighing scales I just start binge eating as I then believe that I will always be fat and nothing I can do will change it.

Replies

• laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    Making excuses causes me to relapse & binge. And unrealistic expectations based on terrible dieting information provides a sound basis for me to make excuses.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Stress or boredom
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    LMAO @ relapse.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Cutting out too many foods and stress
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    rmgnow wrote: »
    LMAO @ relapse.

Why is it funny?
  • Jackw9998
    Jackw9998 Posts: 3 Member
    rmgnow wrote: »
    LMAO @ relapse.

I couldn't think of the right word
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Stress, depression, that "time" (TMI)...
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Restrictions. That's basically it.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Stress, not prepping food, lack of motivation to MOVE. When I get sick that puts me out of sync too. If I don't see progress I tend to get frustrated and give up.
  • lexiehtown
    lexiehtown Posts: 30 Member
    Stress, primarily
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    hanging out with friends, booze opportunities, injuries, not having a food plan (meaning meals prepped in advance and snacks at the ready)
  • disneynerd999
    disneynerd999 Posts: 4 Member
    Jackw9998 wrote: »
    For me the main issue which causes me to stop dieting is when I see little or no progress. If there is no change on the weighing scales I just start binge eating as I then believe that I will always be fat and nothing I can do will change it.

This exactly! But I've discovered lately that a good day my brain can comprehend and rationalize fluctuation. Bad days I feel like I'm just meant to be chubby and no matter what I do it won't change a dang thing so I might as well go eat a bag of chips. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    I don't consider it relapsing because I'm not on a diet I always try to eat my best as a regular thing, but definitely friends and alcohol, that combination will make me eat things I don't normally.