I'm probably the only person who hates pasta... and bread... and cereal.

Options
13»

Replies

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just not a fan of starches in general. Pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, rice, etc. Give me some vegetables, meat and cheese, please! Anyone else?

I generally don't eat a lot of pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, or rice.

If I eat anything out of that group more than others it's cereal as a snack on the rare occasion & rice/pasta if it's in a frozen meal.

TRUE. Sometimes I have cereal on ice cream or something... needs to be soggy though ahah
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Just not a fan of starches in general. Pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, rice, etc. Give me some vegetables, meat and cheese, please! Anyone else?

I generally don't eat a lot of pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, or rice.

If I eat anything out of that group more than others it's cereal as a snack on the rare occasion & rice/pasta if it's in a frozen meal.

TRUE. Sometimes I have cereal on ice cream or something... needs to be soggy though ahah

th?id=OIP.AaPKtk3j44SN97QlGPGdzADrEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Now this cereal is awesome! I plan on putting this on some Talenti Caramel Apple Pie gelato.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty indifferent to pasta. I never order it for myself. Rice or bread on the other hand has a decidedly short life expectancy if brought within reach. :disappointed:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I do not care for pasta, rice is the most boring food ever, but i love potatoes of all kinds. Breads... not really, but bagels and english muffins are bae
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Jeez,I haven't had cereal in 20 years haha,I like a bit of pasta,some bread,etc

Amazing. I have cereal almost every day of my life.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Even before i ate "paleo", i hated cakes and cupcakes. It's all frosting's fault; that stuff is nasty. Now i can barely handle anything very sweet unless if it's fruit or a bit of honey. I don't miss bread or pasta either, but i do miss cheese. Unfortunately it's one of those foods that make me sick forever :s
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I'm with you on the pasta part... I don't get it, it's just bland mush...

If your pasta is bland and mushy, you're doing it wrong.

Do people mean plain pasta? Who eats plain pasta? There needs to be sauce and cheese and vegetables and yummyness!

Of course people eat plain pasta. No need to disguise it with all that other stuff. But I agree there should be a meat and a vegetable alongside of it to maintain balance.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm with you in that I don't like pasta. To me, it's just tasteless, starchy filler -- kind of like rice. But I have to admit that I love a freshly-baked artesian loaf of bread slathered in Kerrygold butter. I like cereal too, but I try not to eat it since most kinds of cereal upset my stomach, and because I view cereal as basically the human equivalent of pet kibble from a nutrition standpoint.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Rice makes me sad, I find it bland and bizarre. The texture is unpleasant to me, too. If I'm served it I will try and eat it out of politeness though!

Bagels I think are FOUL - they are SO sweet and, urgh, just awful.

Pasta though... sorry, I do love a bit of pasta!
  • GailK1967
    GailK1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat maybe one slice of toast a month max. If that. Rice I can take or leave abd eat maybe 2 teaspoons a month. Pasta is great but only because it's the vehicle for amazing sauces taught to me by my Italian mother in law.

I don't eat breakfast cereal.

But potatoes. Omg I could eat them for every meal every day, ant way. Sadly I. Limit myself to once a week.