Women over 40 ..

124»

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I just turned 43. Somedays, like today when my hip is sore, I feel all of that and more but I feel I'm in the best shape I've been since my 20s so I'll take the occasional ache and pain. It's worth it in the long run.
  • coleen6388
    coleen6388 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 49 and could use motivation to stay the course Please feel free to add me
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    @coleen6388 . I'm 48 and, though I feel I'm doing ok now, I know it'll get harder when I'm on holiday - or even just when the novelty of MFP wears off. I'll also be needing motivation!
  • melllief
    melllief Posts: 5 Member
    shonat11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing?
    I don't seem to be losing much weight but am gradually getting back in to exercising and am feeling better .
    Hope you're all doing ok

Learning a lot this week, the consequence of poor choices is so enlightening and really helping me make way more healthy choices. So the weight hasn't been going down much either. But, I'm focused on working out so still trekking steroids forward. We have to just keep taking steps forward!

• 2bfitChris
    2bfitChris Posts: 225 Member
    Just turned 47, been off and on the weightloss rollercoaster. Having a hard time getting and keeping the motivation. I need to lose right around 100 lbs.
  • SurrogateMuse
    SurrogateMuse Posts: 3 Member
    Hi :) Looking for some motivated friends and this seems to be the right place. I'll try to add everyone.

I'm 43 next month. I've been fit most of my life but have lost that over the past 5 years. There are lots of factors but having gained 50lbs, I am taking control now before it effects my health.

I've lost 20 so far but would love to have some motivational friends here.

Add me if you're new or if I haven't added you.
  • Anyone here please feel free to add me.

I haven't been consistent with my workouts and logging food. I seen that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. SO, I am challenging myself to 21 days straight (no rest) of exercising and logging everything I eat and drink.

Who else is challenging yourself in the next 30 days and is looking for healthy competition???
  • 1sweetblonde
    1sweetblonde Posts: 4 Member
    Im 48 looking for support and friwnds to help keep me in line...i have been using herbalife to help me with my journey so far it's been a great one feel free to add me.
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Please feel free to add me. I'm 43 and looking for friends to motivate and support me. Need to get back to a healthier me. I'm an emotional eater and struggle with maintaining a healthy weight. I lost 65 + pounds 2 years ago but then let a heath issue after gallbladder removal surgery set me back. So back at it again.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    shonat11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing?
    I don't seem to be losing much weight but am gradually getting back in to exercising and am feeling better .
    Hope you're all doing ok

@shonat11 - are you noticing your clothes getting looser? My numbers on the scale aren't going down as quickly, but my pants/shorts are getting looser
  • shonat11
    @nickiphillips1. Hi, the scales are starting to go down slowly (fine by me ) . Not sure about clothes as I had to have surgery in May and still have to wear a big support belt. Think I'm getting there though.
    It's good you can see a difference and I guess your numbers will start going down soon. Good luck with it!
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    I've just gone through and added a bunch of you!
  • skinnygirl2255
    skinnygirl2255 Posts: 3 Member
    How do I post a comment on my own? Also can Ine added too? I'm new to this
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Hope everyone is having a good week so far :)
  • shonat11
    Busy week for me - lots to do before we go to Scotland next Wed. Managing to stay on track thanks to the MFP community and am hoping to "be good " (reasonably) while we're there.
    Hope you're all doing ok and staying healthy......
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Turned 40 in Feb. Was in maintenance for several years but fell of the workout wagon a bit in the last few months. Looking to get back into shape, tone up, get ripped! :D Looking for active friends!