What ONE food would you recommend cutting out for weight loss?

Options
My friend's mum dropped a dress size in two weeks just from cutting out butter. Have any of you guys found cutting out/cutting down on one certain thing from your diet to be super helpful in terms of weight loss?

Bread? Sugar? Meat? Dairy? Cooking oil? Alcohol?

Replies

• ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have cut out butter, oil, and bread. I'm also watching my sugar now... cause it was extremely high before and my doctor told me that I needed too
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Whatever food it is that puts you over your calorie goal.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I never gave anything up, since weight loss is based on consuming less calories than you burn throughout the day. I've decreased or minimized the frequency of certain foods, though.
    I have cut out butter, oil, and bread. I'm also watching my sugar now... cause it was extremely high before and my doctor told me that I needed too
    The body requires a certain % of fat to thrive for hormonal balance, digestion, for fat soluble vitamins, healthy skin and hair and much more. Hopefully you're getting your 20% fats from elsewhere.
  • title015944
    title015944 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My friend's mum dropped a dress size in two weeks just from cutting out butter. Have any of you guys found cutting out/cutting down on one certain thing from your diet to be super helpful in terms of weight loss?

Bread? Sugar? Meat? Dairy? Cooking oil? Alcohol?

Bread and Pasta
  • rose_lemonade
    rose_lemonade Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    faidwen wrote: »
    Sodium!

Wow really? I know it's bad for your heart and stuff but didn't realise it made a difference with fat loss.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Sugar.