Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Greens Superfood Detox, has anyone tried it?

2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,217 Member
    Interesting yirara.

I don't think the test is particularly expensive - is certainly common place here. (And covered by Medicare,no cost to patient)

And treatment is certainly not expensive - consists of B12 injections which are quite cheap, and/or over the counter oral supplements.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I do have a friend who was tested and gets treated for B12 deficiency, no idea if she had to fight for it though. She's in Wales.

As an aside. Gastroenteritis is a short term viral or bacterial condition. Basically what we refer to often as "tummy flu". So you don't have that as an ongoing condition.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member

if you are bloated you may also have a food allergy or intolerance that can also cause you to feel like that. but detoxes dont help with digestion or metabolism or give you energy unless it has caffeine or a caffeine derivative in it,or possibly a B vitamin that can give you a little energy.[/quote]

Agree about considering food allergy/sensitivity. Bloating and fatigue are common signs. The first two things you might check into are gluten (oh, God, I know!) and dairy. Try giving one or the other up for a week and see what comes of it. Don't give up both at the same time.
  • BusyMomma_RH
    BusyMomma_RH Posts: 16 Member
    Okay, so I have a GI doctor. I have been seeing him since I was 16. I am 24 years old and have already had 4 colonoscopies and an upper endoscopy. I have tested positive for Celiac, and was on the diet for 3 years until the lining of my colon was stripped so badly from the lack of nutrients from my diet that I HAD to return to a normal diet containing a VERY SMALL amount of whole grains containing gluten a day. I have been fine since with minor issues here and there that are to be expected. Also, I do have chronic Gastroenteritis, because of my intestinal issues, my body has a hard time with good and bad bacteria which causes me to have days where I'm running to the bathroom and multiple days in a row where I can't go at all. Believe it or not, that is what I have to live with.
    But I didn't start this feed because I wanted to talk about my colon issues. Which is no ones business anyways.

No I'm not pregnant. No it's not an unknown food allergy. It's funny how many people think they are doctors on here.

If you are wondering yes I am just a little frustrated because all I was looking for was yes or no answers on my question of the Greens. Just to hear opinions from peers about tastes, if it helped etc. But to conclude this discussion, I called my doctor this morning, told him about what I wanted to try, the brand and why I wanted to try it, and he told me that it wasn't a bad idea. That the brand is all natural and can only benefit my health.

Thank you for all of your replies.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,988 Member
    Hey all,

I have been feeling extremely bloated, tired and overall "yucky". I have been doing some research and found the Greens Superfood Detox.
    Has anyone on here tried anything like that?
    What do you think?
    Does it really help with energy and digestion?

Thanks in advance! :)

Since there are no such things as superfoods and detoxing is at best unnecessary, no...
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Doctors are not trained in nutrition. They do not study products.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Okay, so I have a GI doctor. I have been seeing him since I was 16. I am 24 years old and have already had 4 colonoscopies and an upper endoscopy. I have tested positive for Celiac, and was on the diet for 3 years until the lining of my colon was stripped so badly from the lack of nutrients from my diet that I HAD to return to a normal diet containing a VERY SMALL amount of whole grains containing gluten a day. I have been fine since with minor issues here and there that are to be expected. Also, I do have chronic Gastroenteritis, because of my intestinal issues, my body has a hard time with good and bad bacteria which causes me to have days where I'm running to the bathroom and multiple days in a row where I can't go at all. Believe it or not, that is what I have to live with.
    But I didn't start this feed because I wanted to talk about my colon issues. Which is no ones business anyways.

No I'm not pregnant. No it's not an unknown food allergy. It's funny how many people think they are doctors on here.

If you are wondering yes I am just a little frustrated because all I was looking for was yes or no answers on my question of the Greens. Just to hear opinions from peers about tastes, if it helped etc. But to conclude this discussion, I called my doctor this morning, told him about what I wanted to try, the brand and why I wanted to try it, and he told me that it wasn't a bad idea. That the brand is all natural and can only benefit my health.

Nobody is trying to be a doctor. Just throwing out suggestions.

How much research did your doctor do on this supplement?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    I personally prefer the Orange dreamcicle flavor to the detox/alkalinize flavor. But YMMV
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member

Nobody is trying to be a doctor. Just throwing out suggestions.

How much research did your doctor do on this supplement?

Probably....is x a known poison.....no.....then do what you like, oh and that's $75

Sounds about right.