Help me play matchmaker plz

Options
DBranchaud
DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
There's a guy I like in my HR class at college. I kinda like him and I think he likes me back. ( he walked me to my locker and then to my next class) I was talking to my friends at work and they said " why don't you make him something for Valentine's day?" They got me thinking into cupcakes. There are some cute little gift boxes for sale at work.. they fit four cupcakes......would four be too much?

Would cupcakes even be a good idea. To me they show alot more effort, and are alot more special then just cookies.

What do you people think?

Replies

• DBranchaud
    Options
    There's a guy I like in my HR class at college. I kinda like him and I think he likes me back. ( he walked me to my locker and then to my next class) I was talking to my friends at work and they said " why don't you make him something for Valentine's day?" They got me thinking into cupcakes. There are some cute little gift boxes for sale at work.. they fit four cupcakes......would four be too much?

Would cupcakes even be a good idea. To me they show alot more effort, and are alot more special then just cookies.

What do you people think?
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Aw. I think that is a charming idea! Four is not too much - I think it's perfect. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    aw I think that's adorable. You should totally do it.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I think it would be cute and definitely give him the message.
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    Will do.. but i have to give them to him the thursday before.. I don't have classes with him on fri and Valintines is on saturday. I think he'll still get the message though.....thanks for helping me with my indecision:heart: I'll update you guys if it works:drinker:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oh! I can't wait to find out what happens! :happy:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Will do.. but i have to give them to him the thursday before.. I don't have classes with him on fri and Valintines is on saturday. I think he'll still get the message though.....thanks for helping me with my indecision:heart: I'll update you guys if it works:drinker:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

Totally do it, you may end up with a date on Valentines!
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    I've never had a boyfriend, so this is kinda exciting
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options

This is so cute! I am so excited for you. haha
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! And you look fantastic! Good luck to you. Can't wait to find out how it goes for you. :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Throw in some extra icing "for later". Jk:laugh:
  • Summarain
    Options

WAITTTTTTT! BEFORE YOU DO IT, PLEASE GET A GUY'S OPINION! Sometimes we women think things are "cute" when a guy may think its desperate. Because you are still weary about weather he likes you are not and because you are not really close like that yet, i suggest you do something more like invite him in on plans you already have or something....something that lets him know you like being around him w/out letting him think that you went out of your way JUST FOR HIM.

Just a little pre-playa advice...take it or leave it.......:huh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

WAITTTTTTT! BEFORE YOU DO IT, PLEASE GET A GUY'S OPINION! Sometimes we women think things are "cute" when a guy may think its desperate. Because you are still weary about weather he likes you are not and because you are not really close like that yet, i suggest you do something more like invite him in on plans you already have or something....something that lets him know you like being around him w/out letting him think that you went out of your way JUST FOR HIM.

Good point. He might not like that forwardness. Who REALLY knows the male species anyway?:huh:
  • Summarain
    Options
    Yeah, I learned that the way you draw a man in, especially if you really like him, is to always keep the chase going...it drives them wild and in return you get sooooo much more from him. Take baby steps, dont put it all out there in the beginning because he'll just get bored and comfortable and stop doing the sweet little things he used to do in the beginning. You have to always make it to where they are always trying to find ways to make you smile or get some attention from you...if they dont have that its not fun anymore. Dont always answer the phone when they call, dont always be available when they want to do something.....never allow yourself to be so available that you end up having your whole world wrapped around someone else's schedule.....

Thats my Dr. Phil moment for the day....lol:glasses:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Go for it! Spread the love ;)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Good point. He might not like that forwardness. Who REALLY knows the male species anyway?:huh:

If he doesn't like forwardness,
    and you like being forward,
    not a good match anyhow, imo. :smile:

I think it shows effort and thought.
    I like the idea of cupcakes. Simple. Sweet. Fun.

(I am a VERY forward person, btw.)

Or you could always give him this card instead.....
    valentine.jpg
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options

valentine.jpg

Love the card :smile:

I think cupcakes are a lovely, sweet idea. Some guys make not like the forwardness but some may. Every bloke is different. I know my hubby would have gotten so fed up with me if I had tried to play hard to get, but for others it drives them wild .. ?! Just be yourself, if you love the idea and it's the kind of think you feel comfortable doing then go for it! Good Luck , how exciting :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    BTW, if you have a morning class with him, you could just as easily make muffins.

Droooooooooool
    Muuuuuuuuffins.
    (Fresh warm muffins are to me what doughnuts are to Homer Simpson)
  • Summarain
    Options

valentine.jpg

Love the card :smile:

I think cupcakes are a lovely, sweet idea. Some guys make not like the forwardness but some may. Every bloke is different. I know my hubby would have gotten so fed up with me if I had tried to play hard to get, but for others it drives them wild .. ?! Just be yourself, if you love the idea and it's the kind of think you feel comfortable doing then go for it! Good Luck , how exciting :smile: :flowerforyou:

I'm not suggesting playing hard to get, i'm suggesting that you can like someone w/out making them your whole world. The cupcakes are a sweet Idea, I just think if you are skeptical about if someone likes you or not you should try hanging out w/ them outside of your usual enviornment, like inviting them somewhere where there will be a group of people, so he doesnt feel the pressure but appreciates your thoughtfullness to include him, letting him know that you wanna hang out w/ him. Give him the opportunity to make the move to really let you know that he's feelin' you. You all are right, every man/person is different. Its my opinion that if a guy really likes you, he'll show you.