Any ladies around 5'4 and start at 260?

Options

Replies

• DenaManning
    DenaManning Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gi! I'm 5'4" and currently weigh in at 312.4 lbs. I started my journey May 4th but didn't actually get on the scale until May 18th. At that time my starting weight was 325. I gained three lbs that first week and have been taking it off ever since-until this week. I gained 3lbs, but I'm not letting the scale determine my willingbess to get HEALTHY! I am 36 years old with a full time job and two young children, but I still manage to get in five workouts a week. This week, I decided to reach out here on MFP and try to build some support. Add me and we can do this journey together. Btw, my goal is to just get under 200lbs. I know that may change as I get closer to my "ideal" weight, whatever that means...lol!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I started at 266 in April 2016. Wow, that number is really hard to type. I set a bunch, and I mean a lot, of interim goals for myself, like down 10 lbs, under X BMI, A1C normal, etc. It is somehow making me feel great to check them off. I use Evernote for all this and it works really well. Just seeing that I have, now, 11 goals "accomplished" keeps me going. It helps to look back over them and see how far I've come. Best of luck to you. I think it helps to be very patient. You'll be surprised at how fast you develop better habits. Just stick with them a few weeks and it will seem like second nature. You'll see yourself in a new way. Somebody recently asked if I wanted a donut and I was shocked to hear this coming out of my mouth: "I don't eat donuts." It's all just part of seeing yourself as a new person.
  • MiaCanadian
    MiaCanadian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there

I am 5'4" and started at 249 lbs in Jan/2017. Now 209 and working hard to get into onederland. My goal is 135, so I have a long way to go still. Feel free to add me :blush:
  • duhitskriss
    duhitskriss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'4 and started at 285 back in September. Got down to 255 after my daughter was born. Then this past February I was back up to 263. I'm currently down to 232. I count calories, drink a lot of water, and walk all the time. I do work out a couple times a week. Just mostly staying active and counting calories.
  • Vynex
    Vynex Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'4, starting right at 260. Started a few days ago, and this time I'm detemined to lose this weight! So nice reading you all's stories and seeing great results. I can only hope I will achieve the same! So excited to be starting this journey again.
    Ultimate goal is to get under 200, but for now I'm happy just getting healthier and feeling better.
  • BlueJay1111
    BlueJay1111 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello , I see where your starting from and I am just starting my journey. In 5'2 and at 213 pounds and haven't been able to kick the weight off since I had my kids. It seems like I just getting more harder to loose. I made my dession to go vegan , because everything else wasn't really helping. I have some health issues and want to be around for my kids d family. I hope you get to your goal . I want get down to 150. Best of wishes to you.
  • DevotedToDASH
    DevotedToDASH Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just started at a shade under 5'4" and 254 pounds. I'm committing to moderation because deprivation isn't a positive reality. Between portion control, healthier choices, and moving more, I believe I can do this. I didn't get to this weight quickly, so I'm not expecting to lose it quickly - but who knows?!? I'll be counting calories and following DASH guidelines for health reasons. At 58 years young, It's becoming a now or never thing. Good luck to you and everyone else here. Please feel free to friend me :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a fair bit taller 5'8" but I started at around 256lb, I am now down to 220lb I still have another 35lb to go to my intial target weight, after that I will re-evaluate my goals and may look at re-composition. I have lost my weight at roughly 1lb per week, eating normally and exercising (walking, jogging, strength training).

Your target is far from unrealistic, just remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Log accurately, don't overly restrict yourself and stick at it.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've started at 260 three times now lol. I hit my lowest of 160 right before I got pregnant with my daughter and here i am again to get it done for good! Add me! My ultimate goal is roughly 130/135 (also 5'4)
  • Melilam873
    Melilam873 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm 5'4 and right at 260lbs.

This is the heaviest I've ever weighed in on. I use to be in the 250's and had two spouts of losing significant weight (50lbs+) but unfortunately, here I am again.

I was at Disneyworld couple months ago and it was so painful at the end of the night from all the walking and standing in line at the park. My feet just couldn't take all the weight and this has never happened to me before so I know I need to get healthier and just feel better about moving around.

Hope we can do it together!
  • Clairzi23
    Clairzi23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 215. This is day two for me. I am looking for people who want to be a part of my village because the one I am actually a part of simply isn't working. Haha.

I am 5"4 and 198. Day 2 for me as well!!
  • dianemduvall
    dianemduvall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started today after five years of a 50lbs weight gain. I am 5'6" at 230lbs at 55yrs. Shooting for 180lbs. I was so happy to find this thread as I am a bit nervous.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would like to be friends with all you ladies on here... we all have similar goal which is so great to relate to :)
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and started at 268 pounds. I've been maintaining for over three years at 150 pounds.
    1. Losing weight is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical. Don't let frustration, hunger or self guilt trips give you an excuse to give up.
    2. Losing weight is just simple math. Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. There's a saying that weight loss happens in the kitchen and a toned strong body happens in the gym.
    3. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you lose and some you don't.
    4. Buy a food scale and weigh your food.
    5. Don't be in a hurry. When you have a lot to lose, it takes time.

Awesome tips!! Congrats on maintaining!!! :)
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 52 years old. When I began in February 2016 I weighed 266. I currently weigh 189 and have plateaued a bit but not discouraged! I began heavy lifting in spring this year and have made great progress! The weight lifting has made a huge difference in my size eventhough the weight is slow to come off.
  • siyana1985
    siyana1985 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started at 265 and i'm 5'5. i'm down to 237 now... still a long trek ahead of me! feel free to add me~
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started at 271 I am 5'9 and I so lost 14lbs. Any tips on staying motivated
  • Chelseatheturtle
    Chelseatheturtle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    I am 5'4" (or 5'5" according to my licence) and have been stuck in the 250's for about 2 years now. I am currently challenging myself in a No Sweet Treats challenge. This includes cookies, cake, candies, ice cream, pie, etc. I did that for the first week with no results by itself... but last week (the second week) I started (again) for the upteenth time watching my calories here on MFP and combined it with Fitbit and working out regularly. Doing this showed promising results so far, losing 2.5 pounds in the second week. I have typically been staying under my calorie goal of 1620.

Do not weigh everyday. It's just discouraging. Watch the calories and read the labels. If it doesn't have a label, find something similar on here and estimate higher. If you burn calories when working out, it is up to you if you want to eat them back our not (I only tend to eat some back if I'm hungry).

My stats
    Heaviest: 343 lbs
    Start of NST challenge: 255 lbs
    Last weigh in: 252.5 lbs
    Ultimate goal(for now): 175 lbs

Thanks and gig'em!