How important is breakfast and what happens if I consistently miss it

Options
2»

Replies

• Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets the tone for the rest of the day. When we sleep, our bodies are working hard at recovering and restoring and the time frame from bed to morning is a bit of a fast, or so I think. Coffee masks our bodies natural signals to tell if we are hungry, it is a natural appetite suppressant so you may not feel hungry but your body after spending the night recovering and restoring needs some fuel, or that is what I think only. For me, it helps me stay full during the times I normally would pig out. If your not a breakfast person though, I think it is a lifestyle preference and shouldn't matter as long as your getting in your calories at some point during the day.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I had breakfast for the first time in a couple weeks today, because it was my birthday and also mostly my body really needed it. But most days my body is just fine without it. It's totally up to you and how you function.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I break my fast whenever suits. Sometimes 8am, other times not until 6pm.

Meal timing is of minimal importance for the general population (more important for athletes).
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    it's only important if you're the type of person that will eat less in the day because you've had a filling meal.

I'm not one of those people and once i've had my first meal I can't stop being hungry.

You are my female twin! The earlier I eat, the more I want to eat.

Triplets! <3

Yes, as we've talked about before! <3
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Eating when not hungry got a lot of us fat!
  • pdrgrl929
    pdrgrl929 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not important especially if u do intermittent fasting those who skip breakfast and just eat from 12-8 do well
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has always made me a bit nauseous. As long as you get in your nutrition later, go with what makes you feel better.