what was the last straw for you...

Options

Replies

• jamesysmom
    jamesysmom Posts: 38
    Options
    My moment was actually tuesday of this week. I went to the dr cause my hands and feet were swelling , I was recently put on prednisone and he said it was from that and that my bp was kindof high. Then he did a lipid panel and my cholesterol had gone up from the last time he checked it . My weight is now at 180 and I have never been that big. Im 4'11 and almost 35 . Im adopted and I have no family history to go on. I want to be able to do things with out sweating and feeling like im gonna die . I want to see my kids have grandbabies and I have a wonderful man that loves me as I am . He tells me I will always be beautiful to him, but i dont feel pretty or sexy for that matter. Im tired of my friends joking about my breast size and saying thats where all the weight is , BS its not . So I want to come off the meds I have been put on is another reason. I have sooooo many reasons but those are just a few thanks for listening
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I lost all myself confidence...and became a jealous, self-conscious miserable person....and I was hurting the most amazing man in the entire world...who lives his life for me and I was making him miserable.

So I decided enough was enough...and I was going to go back to being the fun loving confident person my hubby met :)

11 pounds down :)

Best of luck to you!

same here I was always asking if I looked ok and still changed my outfit 3 times before we went anywhere. The real breaking point for me is when I got clothes for someone who is larger then me and they fit
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubby told me he didn't find me attractive anymore & he wanted a divorce. I was 5'6 & 165lbs. I am down to 130 now :)

wow, what an *kitten*, bet he regreats that now!

No doubt and its not like 165lbs was even huge? Not that matters anyway! go check out my good friend Lori_Menorahlover she busted her rear and she looks amazing! You two would love each other!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I lost a crawfish down my cleavage. :(
    Tough day for you - great day for the crawfish. :-)

I saw a pic of myself where I looked like a walrus. Not a trim walrus either,,, I mean the walrus that all the other walruses call "lard tusks". That did it.

Really - take a look, my pic in the brown shirt. 270 pounds, and I'm 5'8" tall. Wow.

Haha! Not nearly as glamorous as it sounds... yeah, no!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I lost a crawfish down my cleavage. :(
    Tough day for you - great day for the crawfish. :-)

I saw a pic of myself where I looked like a walrus. Not a trim walrus either,,, I mean the walrus that all the other walruses call "lard tusks". That did it.

Really - take a look, my pic in the brown shirt. 270 pounds, and I'm 5'8" tall. Wow.

thanks for that Walrus comment I literally choked on my iced tea and it shot right out the ol nose! LOL
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubby told me he didn't find me attractive anymore & he wanted a divorce. I was 5'6 & 165lbs. I am down to 130 now :)

wow, what an *kitten*, bet he regreats that now!

No doubt and its not like 165lbs was even huge? Not that matters anyway! go check out my good friend Lori_Menorahlover she busted her rear and she looks amazing! You two would love each other!
    Sounds like HE had issues much larger than any number on your scale! 165? Puhleez! You look great
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1. lookin at the scale & seeing 248lbs :noway: i vowed 2 never reach 250 & been workin on my weight since.

2. when i wasn't as flexible as i use 2 b.

3. realized i couldn't c my feet.

4. took a b4 pic of me & was actually in the 1st time in my life embarassed. :blushing:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Not being able to walk across my building without losing my breath....and oh yeah not being able to see personal parts of my body......(Gross I know) but it really hacked me off one day. I know your there buddy.....but I can't see you! LOL

Hahahaha, you just made me spit out my water!! Thanx!
  • lelegrev
    lelegrev Posts: 15
    Options
    A friend of mine, who has always been the same weight as me, who has gone up in weight with me everytime I seem to go up in weight, starting losing some weight. At that moment it was kind of like, if she can do it then what the hell is my excuse?
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We have a vacation planned (we leave this Saturday for it actually) with my husband's best friend. We haven't seen them in 5 years so everyone is really excited about it. The last time I saw them I was thin(before I had my daughter). Well, his wife and I were talking about the trip back in March making plans, etc and she said to me, " Well at least I don't have to worry about you being all skinny and making me look bad at the beach." :noway: At that moment I vowed that I would loose the weight before the vacation. I literally started my lifestyle change that very second and haven't looked back. I went from a size 12 to a size 6, 156 lbs to 134lbs. Wanted to loose a few more pounds before we went but I'm ok with where I am for the trip. Boy is she going to be surprised :bigsmile:

THAT is awesome and makes it all worth it!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I'm glad it's still 'soon to be' because seriously.

I started running because I quit smoking and needed a new stress reliever. I started eating right because I had to read the ingredient lists for everything I bought when I found out about my food allergies. There was a lot of crap in my food that was straight up filler and bad. Then I got serious because I decided I wanted to be fit, I want to be able to just flat out run for miles, I want to run marathons. I want a six pack. I want to go to my high school reunion and be the girl who 'got hot'. I didn't want to date anyone from my school, I still don't want to, but man, there are some girls from my graduating class who I want to show up. In a purely vindictive way. I'm ok with that.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I ran out of excuses & decided it was OK to do something for myself. Bought a treadmill that day and haven't looked back.

Also . . .
    I was sick of standing in front of my closet each morning trying to decide which pair of pants would 'HURT' the least.
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had several - they seem small compared to some on here - but here they are

1 - I had to soap my finger to get my wedding rings off EVERY TIME I took them off
    2- At the Dr. office I weighed in at 1 pound more than I weighed when I delivered my children -- and I'm NOT pregnant
    3- My husband's 20 year class reunion got scheduled (it's actually this weekend)
    4-I was tired of avoiding pictures or having to stick my chin out in them so my double chin doesn't show as bad
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was taking pictures, and I was sucking in my belly/double chin, and when I saw the pictures, belly and double chin showed hardcore. Yikes. Then later that week, I looked down, and saw my belly poking out past my boobs (which is no small feat, let me tell ya)
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    [/quote]

but man, there are some girls from my graduating class who I want to show up. In a purely vindictive way. I'm ok with that.
    [/quote]

Love it!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Realized my cloths were getting a little tighter so I hopped on a scale and wow 226lbs. My highest, and I vowed to never get to 230 because it would be more to loose. Since then I have made changes and plans to loose weight and lost 10 pounds then gained back 4 or 5 after two months of falling off. Now I am back and still determined to stay under 230 and reach my goal of loosing 100 pounds. I just do not want to be the fat girl my whole life.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I just got tired of all my crappy excuses as to why not to do it for myself
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself in my brother's wedding pictures in early june this year. I was the "fat" girl in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! I just sat down on the floor and cried and cried and cried. :sad: I didn't want to be the fat girl anymore and decided it was time to do something. I mean, REALLY do something. Mostly, I am selfish and want to lose the weight for me, but I also want to lose the weight to be able to keep up with my rapidly growing little lady and to fit into a 60 gallon tote of "skinny" clothes sitting on the floor in my bedroom. I want to fit into my skimpy little neon pink biikini. I want to be that "skinny *****"!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my 2 1/2 yr old daughter started calling me horsey everytime i bent down, and i was 2x or more the size of most folks during a mission trip to haiti. made me so disgusted with myself when i learned that those people didn't have enough to eat 3 meals a day.
  • MissWangle
    MissWangle Posts: 29
    Options
    When I went into a wedding dress shop and the women looked me up and down and said they didnt have anything in my size. I was only a UK size 18 but I felt like someone had stabbed me in heart. I cried for 3 days. I went back there last month and tried on a size 12 just to annoy them :)