You Know You're an MFP Addict When...

Options

Replies

• mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When your young adult kids ask why you don't comment on their posts/pics on facebook anymore. They used to cringe when I was on facebook...hahahaha!
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    -when you convenience one of your real friends to create a mfp account. then they don't log in for a week and you get upset.

-when you log your exercise in while you are still sweating and panting
    I was thinking this same thing.. I told one of my "3D friends" you know you havent logged on to MFP in a week!! Girl don't ask me to recomend anything else!
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When your husband gets jealous of your MFP friends and how you converse with them and not him! Oops!!
    Yes!!!!! My husband said" first facebook and know MFP when are you gonna give me some time?" LOL I tried to get him on here but you know how men are...
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the ditching of Facebook anymore!! I kow ever person (in person) on my facebook page, know NOBODY in person on here and end up spending all my time on here!! ;)
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    -You want to randomly compliment people on their fitness as you walk down the street. Great Job!
    -you go on a trip with your friends and family and all you can think about is how much you miss MFP and would rather be at home, eating right, working out, and on MFP all day.
    -you talk to your MFP friends as much or more than your real-life friends
    -you stop thinking about what your next Facebook status will be and start thinking about what your MFP status will be.
    - you plan what you're going to eat during a party/event the next day before you even think about what you're going to wear
    - you plan what you're going to eat during a party/event the next day before you even think about what you're going to wear
    -when it takes you 30 solid minutes to log your food....cause you want to be honest with yourself and your MFP buddies ;-) On your cheat days...lol
    -when you refresh "My Topics" every minute to see if someone else posted something in a thread you just posted/commented on....refresh.....refresh....refresh

^^these are the best!!

just gotta add when you have to rack your brain for a million positive words so you can give everyone different compliments haha!! i hate saying the same thingssss

i'm definitelyyyy an addict.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ... you totally relate to all the other addicts and have done the very same things most everyone else has done. :-)

I'm totally diggin' my new MFP lifestyle!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    when you refresh "My Topics" every minute to see if someone else posted something in a thread you just posted/commented on....refresh.....refresh....refresh

Totally!!! I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • juliebradhen
    juliebradhen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do that with my exercise, even been known to log in my swimming minutes in changing room still dripping wet from the shower lol
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Feel yourself checking facebook less and MFP more

^^^^^Thats ME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vmrink
    vmrink Posts: 42
    Options
    1. When you have two or more tabs/windows open. One for your MFP timeline and the other on the MFP Message boards. Constantly refreshing.

2. Looking up the calories of food in the MFP database BEFORE you go out to eat.
    I'm always planning what I'm going to order so that I don't go over my quotas for the day. My hubby hates when I do that. Anything diet or exercise related that I talk about, I get the eyes rolling from him. Never that from any of you. You accept me and my obsession. :-)

3. Log into Facebook, but go to the MFP page. LOL
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    You want to talk about NSVs and weigh ins with complete strangers at your tables when you're waitressing because you noticed the icon on their phone. It's even worse when they order and you want to tell them "no, order it THIS way, you'll have 438 calories"

also
    ...and logging food before you eat it
    ...planning nights out on mfp before you leave.
    ...entering exercise before showering
    ...and your inbox is full of mfp emails
    ...the feeling that no one outside of your friends list really understands that fitness isn't an obsession, you're just not lazy anymore.
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ha!
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    -when you convenience one of your real friends to create a mfp account. then they don't log in for a week and you get upset.

-when you log your exercise in while you are still sweating and panting

I do this too!!!!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep with your phone in your hand, reading your MFP news feed

Hahahha I do this all the time too
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ....and me!
  • sharanranran
    Options
    Lol! This is so me too!
  • sharanranran
    Options
    I'm camping and have bought the food weighing scales with me! And I've USED them!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When you wish your friends on here were all your friends in real life, because then you'd have the most amazing crew of motivational workout buddies! Just for the record, I do have great friends in real life who are great workout buddies....but it would be awesome to have like 300 of those!

FOR SURE! I was just sitting here wishing that today! HAHA!!

Yeah, and also, 90% of my emails are from MFP too! HAHAHA!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    also
    ...and logging food before you eat it
    ...planning nights out on mfp before you leave.
    ...entering exercise before showering
    ...and your inbox is full of mfp emails
    ...the feeling that no one outside of your friends list really understands that fitness isn't an obsession, you're just not lazy anymore.

all this!!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    When you wish your friends on here were all your friends in real life, because then you'd have the most amazing crew of motivational workout buddies! Just for the record, I do have great friends in real life who are great workout buddies....but it would be awesome to have like 300 of those!

FOR SURE! I was just sitting here wishing that today! HAHA!!

Yeah, and also, 90% of my emails are from MFP too! HAHAHA!

Yes and YES