I hate evenings

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you know you're going to eat it anyway, just budget the calories out ahead of time.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I snack frequently on a 100 cal bag of popcorn and a sparkling water. Together they're very filling. I'd love real movie theater popcorn, but that's a bad idea!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I start my new logging day at 6 pm. That was I can have a hearty dinner. If I go overboard snacking I can compensate during the day when I am busier and have more self control.

Fab idea :) I'd love to be able to train my brain to log like that :#
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast as I'm starving all day if I do and I just don't feel hungry until lunchtime. I then have a low calorie lunch, around 300 calories and am left with tons of calories for the evening. I tend to have about 300 left after dinner so I always have a bowl of cereal for supper.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I prelog my day, including snacks and dessert. Plus i go to bed early, around 7:30-8pm.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I find evenings challenging sometimes. My process:

Prolog foods to be consumed
    Prepare those foods as much as possible (portion out etc) and put away the remaining parts.
    When your portioned and allowed calories are consumed, you are done.
    Remove the food from your presence by putting it away, cleaning up, and leaving the kitchen. My kitchen is "closed" in my mind at this point. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Put a big bottle of water nearby and drink that if I'm doing "bored eating".
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sosteach wrote: »
    I save at least half my calories for dinner and beyond.

i think dinner and beyond sounds like a much better store than bed, bath and beyond
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth, chew gum and/or prelog a snack so I have the cals for it
  • dogsnogger
    dogsnogger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto. It exists to solve this problem. Counting carbs is as effective as counting calories, but it's easier to stay on because you're not hungry.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    What has helped me, never eat in front of tv or on couch, go for hot tea, sudoku or knit in your hands, dishes/clean something.

Save some calories...and choose wisely.

300 calories can be 1 Twinkie OR string cheese, small apple and pirate booty snack serving.