Oh great... a stretch mark.

Options
Just noticed stretch marks at the top of my arms.
Can't say i'm in a very good mood now.
At least when I was fat I couldn't see it.

Replies

• KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I see them kind of like a war wound, I am proud of them, I earned a lot of them from having my children!! Got a few more from losing some pounds.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I started getting them at puberty. Some folks get them more readily than others. Mine fade a good deal over time.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I had stretch marks, all over, before I ever was fat. Breasts, upper thighs (inner and outer) and buttocks, sacrum/sacral area, upper arms.

All from puberty. And then some new ones on top of old silvered out (depigmented) ones when my weight ballooned in late 2006-2007 and again in early 2012.

Have never bugged me for more than a second of "Darn! New ones!". Have never had a single person mention them to me.

Then again, cellulite doesn't phase me. Not sure what the big deal is about either, to be honest.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Stretch marks can also be a sign of some serious (muscle) gainz! For those who lift, many will get them where their pecs and deltoids meet.

prxpv9ndabgq.png
    xm3zlkyrdcms.png

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    There is a lotion that will gradually give you a tan. I think its called Jergens. A little bit of color will go a long way into hiding them. I use on legs.
  • TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my chest and arms from muscle gains and on my sides from fat gains. Girls still like me though. Don't sweat it.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hmm...yeah I have them on the side of my hips and a few around my bellybutton....oh well. I still think I look pretty good and I'm sure you do too, don't let it get you down :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have lots, some from getting fat, some from an anaphalactic reaction where I blew up like a balloon literally overnight. Instant, massive, livid red stretchmarks, but they've faded away now.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil!!

Or, nothing. They don't matter. People get them just from growing in height :) Every person on the planet probably has at least one.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter who is/has always been near the 9th percentile for weight all her life on the scale at the Dr. office has stretch marks on her legs.

My stretch marks and scars tell my story... I am proud of what I made it through and where I am now.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I've had them since puberty, and know very few people who don't have them.
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old daughter is skinny as a stick and has them on her thighs. I assume this is due to a huge growth spurt she just came out of.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Most of us have them.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    They are normal. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

The same goes for cellulite, veins, wrinkles, grey hair, etc.