How to cook boneless chicken breast that's not dried out

Options
12346»

Replies

• BurgerLovinBulker
    BurgerLovinBulker Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The best way to learn is by doing. You do not need to marinade, pressure cook, boil, etc. Any heat source can cook chicken. Pick the one with the best flavor for you, and work with learning how to use it.

I have a friend that would oven roast at 200*F to just barely done, and then sear over the open flame of a gas grill. Really brilliant IMO, and had a great flavor

The number one problem with new cooks is cooking on too high of a heat. Turn your heat down by half, and just practice. xnow8p35taoa.jpg
  • beautynbaseball
    beautynbaseball Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer to cook mine in my electric pressure cooker for more juicy and tender chicken breasts. They don't have that right exterior like when you grill or bake them. But the meat is always tender when you let the pressure release slowly and naturally.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Marinade with some type of vingar and olive oil combo

I never have this problem and get bewildered when the question is thrown at me. Idk what I do right
  • ChefMLW88
    ChefMLW88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a Chef, I get asked this so many times by family/friends. When recipes say to cook for X amount of time at X degrees...best advice is too ignore this. Every piece of protein is unique, as is every oven. The best thing to do is invest in a digital thermometer.

Everyone seems to be timid about under cooking meat that they actually over cook it, causing it to become dry and grainy. USDA regulations are constantly changing every year. Last year it was ok to cook chicken to 160 degrees, 2 years ago it was 165+ degrees. The misconception is to only take it out of the oven when it as reached that temperature range.

Here's the problem: any food, not just protein, will continue to cook after being removed from the heat. So for a juicy chicken breast, my advice is to check its temperature around 155 degrees and remove it from the oven. While it's resting I can assure you it will raise another 5 degrees to 160+ degrees. Sorry this was so long, hope it helps!
  • carolinemcleggan
    carolinemcleggan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Use thighs, thigh don't dry!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Poaching is a beautiful and healthy way to cook chicken breast.
    I have cooked this way for my family for years and it's always worked well.

In a large pot add 6 black peppercorns, 3 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon raw sugar, and your choice of some fresh herbs. ( I use parsley and tarragon). Fill with cold water to 2/3 full. Cover with lid.
    Bring to almost boiling. Turn off heat. Stir well and add 2 large chicken breasts.
    Replace lid and sit chicken in liquid for 35 to 40 minutes.

Remove from liquid and cover with foil to rest a few minutes.
    You can slice and use in a salad, serve with gravy, place in wraps or use cold in sandwiches.

The chicken is soft and deliciously moist.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I brine chicken breasts.

If I'm making tenders, I soak them in milk and brine mixture for a few hours before coating them so they don't turn out dry and are flavourful.