What is the nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Options

Replies

• tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Lutefisk
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Eggy oats. That's probably the only thing I remember actually gagging on and not being able to swallow. Or a green smoothie made with lettuce. That was pretty vile too.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Eggplant. Since then I never ate it again.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I was forced to eat steak tartare when I was a young teen...I sat at the table crying because I didn't want to.

Muffins where salt was switched with sugar.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Salmiak. It's salty licorice candy I had in Iceland. Completely disgusting.

I had those while I was in the Netherlands. I agree completely disgusting. As if black licorice wasn't bad enough on it's own.

Omg!! You guys !! It's candy! It's delicious!!! We even have shots with black licorice flavour!! It's super good... And black licorice is so good with chocolate and marzipan..
    Omnom

Yeah but you guys have that to chase the taste of the rotten shark lol!!

I understand though because anyone I meet who's not from the US completely hates root beer. It's an acquired taste, I guess.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    vaman wrote: »
    Kimchi is pretty gross tasting! ;)

I LOVE kimchi!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Also eggplant and steak tartar...
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna be that guy who gets dark ok because eating disorders make you eat some crazy mess. when i was a kid i used to chew and spit desserts and then slosh the abc soup i'd made around in my mouth to get some more flavor out of it. :#

disgusting in concept? chocolate covered crickets. even more disturbing was that they tasted exactly like a nestle crunch bar so i never ate those again.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Oh as a pure breed Viking still living in Iceland I win this game.

I've had:
    Fermented sheep testicles
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented sheep head with eyes and tongue still attached.. actually the eye is the best part cause it has no taste but don't bite on it cause there'll be a pop when it bursts.
    Fermented shark.... don't smell it, just eat it and try not to gag
    Fermented sheep jam (jam made of sheep's fat and meat)
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Fermented sting ray.. smell of it lingers in your hair and your cloths until you clean them. Dont ever make one at home.
    Seaweed

Then we also have something called brain stew.. It's sheep brain.. mashed in a stew. It's not very popular and I've only had it once.. never again.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options

I had those while I was in the Netherlands. I agree completely disgusting. As if black licorice wasn't bad enough on it's own.

OMG I can totally eat both all day long! Love salty liqorice YUMMY!
  • Grimmerick
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

OMG I can totally eat both all day long! Love salty liqorice YUMMY!

I have never liked black licorice, good n plentys, or anise...........yucky yuck but god I can't even imagine it salty.......horrifying. lol definitely an acquired taste. I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it though......time for a trip to the Netherlands!

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Ready-to-drink protein shakes...taste like the medicine that they are. Please either make me one fresh, with the powder, or don't bother.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Oh Oh I got a good one, It was a one of those starbucks cappucino's in a can, I forgot to shake it and it wasn't that cold, the milky part came out as a thick congealed blob in my mouth....so nasty!
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Ready-to-drink protein shakes...taste like the medicine that they are. Please either make me one fresh, with the powder, or don't bother.

muscle milk and ensure both taste like nail polish remover and should be canceled forever
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I lived in Japan for 4 years, and go for work sometimes. I am also very good friends with several Filipinos... I've tried a lot of "gross" things. And I say that loosely because it's not gross to some, but it was to me. I did try balut not knowing what it was. It was gross and when I found out what it was, I got sick.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    This one time at band camp.....
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I can't even read this thread without wanting to vomit. That first post alone....UGH....*gag*
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I lived in Japan for 4 years, and go for work sometimes. I am also very good friends with several Filipinos... I've tried a lot of "gross" things. And I say that loosely because it's not gross to some, but it was to me. I did try balut not knowing what it was. It was gross and when I found out what it was, I got sick.

I went on a school trip to Japan in high-school - we went to a convenience store one night for icecream, checked out the pictures (because we couldn't read the flavours) and bought what looked like cookie dough. Nope. Icecream with white beans in it.... Interesting, but not overly disgusting.
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    Tripe :s
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

I went on a school trip to Japan in high-school - we went to a convenience store one night for icecream, checked out the pictures (because we couldn't read the flavours) and bought what looked like cookie dough. Nope. Icecream with white beans in it.... Interesting, but not overly disgusting.

The best trips are to the 7-11's there. Total 180 from the 7-11's in the States. But I do love the things you can find there. Some interesting stuff. Most of it good.