What is your go-to healthy coffee type drink? Iced Coffee, Lattee's, anything.

Replies

• jessicamay1719
    jessicamay1719 Posts: 18 Member
    I recently discovered how amazing high quality coffee really is. I was buying store brand grounds but then had a cup of freshly ground Haitian blue bean coffee at an event and it was amazing! I got my hands on 2 bags of the stuff and I will never drink inferior coffee again lol. It has a rich, sweet flavor and I don't need to add all the flavored creamers that I was adding to the other stuff.

The kind I got comes from a non-profit that my church works with, but this is probably pretty close to what I have-
    https://www.amazon.com/Haitian-Coffee-Organic-Fresh-Roasted/dp/B00KWIQ2JI?th=1

I bought a cheapy coffee grinder and that works fine to grind the beans, (I also use it to grind flax seed). It lasts a while after ground so I do a week's worth at a time.

Honestly I know what you mean, I've had really awesome coffee that didn't need anything in it, however I only have my Costco coffee xD which is good, but probably not as good as Haitian blue (sounds amazing)
  • jessicamay1719
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like the occasional cappuccino...but pretty much I drink my coffee black, including iced coffee. I enjoy really good coffee and don't really need anything in it. Top shelf coffee beans ground fresh daily are where it's at.

See that's what I mean, I want to learn to drink it black then it's perfectly healthy
  • jessicamay1719
    mcginger1 wrote: »
    Every morning I have a cup of hot coffee with a tablespoon (15mL weighed) of Natural Bliss coffee creamer (various flavors, but still less than 5 ingredients). I've discovered that basic unsweetened coffee is an awesome addition to my smoothies. I've also developed a love of iced coffee. To make it guilt-free - and hit my macros - I either go to Starbucks and get a venti 3-pump sugar-free vanilla with a splash of skim milk -OR- I make my own using concentrated cold brew and water _AND THEN_ I add 20g of hydro whey protein powder and mix it up in my blender bottle. I get the sweetness of the chocolate or vanilla protein powder, the kick of the coffee and a protein boost. It's a great combo! :smiley:

I will definitely try the sugar free vanilla with skim milk at Starbucks, on the road is when I usually like my coffee so perfect. Less sugar the better lol
  • jessicamay1719
    When it comes to coffee my favorite is a 911 from Dutch Bro's. MMMMMMM like 450 calories of joy in and energy in a cup.

My favourite is a caramel iced capp (Canadian version), it's about 350-400 cals.. I cut those out fast lol, it's like crack in a cup isn't it?
  • jessicamay1719
    Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee with a quarter-cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer.

Quoting myself to add - the above is 57 calories.

I also put leftover black coffee in the fridge, and blend it with chocolate protein powder later for an iced mocha. Yummy! About 100-150 calories depending on the powder.

Nice. Sometimes I add about a half a pouch of no sugar added hot cocoa mix for the same effect.

Oh this is a genius idea, I love mocha/coffee type flavours as an iced smoothie consistency
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I add maybe 1/2 tablespoon of 1/2 & 1/2 or whole milk to my coffee just to take the edge off the acidity. I like the flavor of good, black coffee (especially cold brews!!!!) but my stomach does not agree! I'm not a fan of sweet coffee generally but I do occasionally like the Toasted Coconut Cold Brew at Starbucks. They use coconut milk and a coconut syrup- I feel like the syrup has a weird aftertaste but I still like it overall as an alternative to having it plain because it has flavor without being too sweet, and doesn't leave the "filmy-ness" of cream that I personally can't stand.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member

My favourite is a caramel iced capp (Canadian version), it's about 350-400 cals.. I cut those out fast lol, it's like crack in a cup isn't it?[/quote]

There's a few things in life that no matter what I am not willing to give up and coffee is one of them. I would rather run an extra mile a day or do and extra 100 burpees to have coffee sometimes. I have cut back to about once a week and that's about as far as I am willing to go.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Rwandan with stevia and full fat half & half.
  • jessicamay1719
    I do black ice coffee....sometimes I add almond milk just for a little something different.
    Hey guys!

What is your favorite healthy coffee drink? I have been eating very healthy lately, exercising consistently, and loosing weight at a good pace. I feel great! I have been able to kick the sweets easily now that I'm actually consuming a good calorie amount, so I don't have as much cravings now. BUT I love love my coffee, whether it's iced or hot. It's so good in the morning. I can't seem to kick the coffee lol

What do you put in your coffee? Any healthy recipes or suggestions would be great! :)

I do black ice coffee....sometimes I add almond milk just for a little something different. Almond milk comes in chocolate also which is nice.
    Hey guys!

Nice job on losing the weight and achieving your fitness goals jessicamay!! If coffee is an important part of your day just find ways to factor it in.

Thank you!! I will stick to one coffee a day instead of 3 (iced coffee that is), almond milk seems to be the go too thing so I will try it!
  • jessicamay1719

My favourite is a caramel iced capp (Canadian version), it's about 350-400 cals.. I cut those out fast lol, it's like crack in a cup isn't it?

There's a few things in life that no matter what I am not willing to give up and coffee is one of them. I would rather run an extra mile a day or do and extra 100 burpees to have coffee sometimes. I have cut back to about once a week and that's about as far as I am willing to go.
    [/quote]

Totally agree, all in moderation right?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Either iced coffee w/ cream or an iced Americano with heavy cream.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    I recently discovered how amazing high quality coffee really is. I was buying store brand grounds but then had a cup of freshly ground Haitian blue bean coffee at an event and it was amazing! I got my hands on 2 bags of the stuff and I will never drink inferior coffee again lol. It has a rich, sweet flavor and I don't need to add all the flavored creamers that I was adding to the other stuff.

The kind I got comes from a non-profit that my church works with, but this is probably pretty close to what I have-
    https://www.amazon.com/Haitian-Coffee-Organic-Fresh-Roasted/dp/B00KWIQ2JI?th=1

I bought a cheapy coffee grinder and that works fine to grind the beans, (I also use it to grind flax seed). It lasts a while after ground so I do a week's worth at a time.

Honestly I know what you mean, I've had really awesome coffee that didn't need anything in it, however I only have my Costco coffee xD which is good, but probably not as good as Haitian blue (sounds amazing)

It's like drinking candy :D Comparing it to the generic grounds I was buying it's within a few dollars of each other-but I'm saving money by not buying $3-$4 bottles of flavored creamer :)

edit: clarity
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I subscribed to Black Rifle Coffee Co.'s service and get a bag of beans every month. I grind and put this through a French press or cold brew it and add a shot of cream to it ~40 kcals. Great stuff and really brings out the flavor.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    SUGAR FREE CARAMEL SYRUP (0 CAL) PLUS TRUVIA AND CASHEW MILK BETTER THAN ANY LATTE AROUND. Check out torani or da vinci sugar free syrup love their vanilla, butterscotch, cookie dough pumpkin etc
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Black coffee straight up. I enjoy the flavors and aroma's I get from just coffee. Unless it's a cold winter Saturday night...then a liberal amount of Bailey's Irish Cream goes in. It could even be said it's a 3-1 ratio of Bailey's to coffee but those nights are kind of fuzzy...lol
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    I used to drink iced coffee black or have a hot skim-milk cappuccino. The caffeine wasn't good for me, though, so I switched to herbal teas or an occasional weak green tea.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    We make cold brew at home. I drink about 24oz of it a day with a tablespoon of half and half. In the winter, just regular coffee brewed at home, again with the half and half or occasionally black if I have a second cup.

If I get coffee out, it's an iced coffee with cream or an Americano with the same.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just plain black dark roast coffee. 5 cals in 20 oz. I log the cals but really don't even need to do that.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Quality whole bean plain dark roast or piñón coffee I then grind and french press myself, with 1-1.5 tablespoons (50-75 calories) of heavy whipping cream per 11 ounces. If I want it iced, I pour it over ice cubes made of the same grind earlier. Otherwise, I take my caffeine as a tablet with a full glass of water. That works, too.
  • jessicamay1719
    Black coffee straight up. I enjoy the flavors and aroma's I get from just coffee. Unless it's a cold winter Saturday night...then a liberal amount of Bailey's Irish Cream goes in. It could even be said it's a 3-1 ratio of Bailey's to coffee but those nights are kind of fuzzy...lol

Lol! Those are the nights in front of the fire when its a 3-1 ratio xD