Jillian Michaels DVDs support

Options
13»

Replies

• loislane2003
    loislane2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi....I've finally started d 30 day shred today. Brought the dvd 2 months ago, did 1 day(only managed to do about 15mins and had to stop), spent next 3 days pretty much screaming in pain. was in so much pain even had trouble while trying to sit down on a chair, i was aching from muscles i didnt even kno i had... gave it a 2nd chance today as i really need to loose the fat in my belly. managed the full 20mins this time. just now need to make sure i keep going at it!!!! Does anyone know how to get the 30 day shred ticker at the bottom of your post???think it wud b a gud motivation tool 4 me..
  • Hokiegirl11
    Options
    I started 30DS last week. I will be on day 8 tonight. I am still learning to do the exercises well. Some I am better at than others, but I can't wait to see the results. I really like the workouts and how she can convince me to keep going, even though I want to stop.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can see the finish line of the 30DS!!! Come on, MO!!! Just a few more.

Whether Jillian is your worst enemy - seriously, walking planks?!?!? Get the F outta here... Your best friend - Look at those inches off your waist/arms/whatever.... Your morning workout buddy - I honestly like waking up to her now.... Or your date at night - do you think she ever wears dresses?!?!? WORK IT, PEOPLE, WORK IT!!! Jillian might be the one walking you through it, but YOU are the one doing the work!!! Her moves that YOU do get the results that you want. It's all YOU (and a little bit of us on MFP), ok, and some Jillian!!! :wink:

Everyone have a great weekend - plan to report your weekend Jillian workouts on Monday!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Today I finished day 26 (level 3 day 6) of the 30 Day Shred. Hubby started doing it with me on day 10. We take Sundays off.

I've lost almost 10 lbs so far and a few inches. I measured myself around day 15 and was down 1 to 1 1/2 inches each on my hips, waist, and bust at the time. I'm interested to see what my measurements are after day 30. Today I'm wearing jean shorts that were too small for me 1 mo ago. :)

My plan for when I finish these 30 days of the Shred is to do another round of it but this time doing 2 days of level 1, 2 days of level 2, and 2 days of level 3 per week for 30 days After that I think I'd like to get Ripped in 30 and do that.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My workout DVD selection consists of Jillian Michaels Dvd's. :)

I did the 30 Day Shred. Had great results
    I also have:
    No More Trouble Zones
    Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    Shred it With Weights
    6 Week 6 Pack
    Yoga Meltdown

My least favorite is the Yoga Meltdown, but it is good for body weight strength training.

There is a 30 Day Slimdown plan that incorporates the 30 DS, NMTZ and BFBM. I did that and had great results too!

Now I just make out my own 6-9 week plans using her DVD's and some strength and 5K training programs. I want to get Ripped in 30 for this fall/winter.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS on and off for like a year. I never did it seriously. I was afraid to do it every day because I was always sore. Then I stopped doing it and started doing other things but now I am actually doing her 30 day slimdown. I have several of her videos(30ds, ripped in 30, banish fat, boost metabolism, no more trouble zones). I like the idea of doing a different video every day. I think that's why I never committed to the 30ds, I didn't want to do the same thing every day for 30 days. So now I have a variety of workouts to choose from and I'm happier. I just started this Monday but I did do 5 days of the shred last week alternating levels 2 and 3. Btw, I find level 3 easier than 2. I also bought a HRM and used it today for the first time while I did level 1 of ripped in 30 and sadly I only burned 204 cals. I guess I can't complain since it's only a 25 min workout. But by the way I feel during the workout I thought it would be higher!
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love jillians dvds! I started 30ds but never got to complete it. Made it to level 3 tho. And I always felt dead at the end! I prefer bfbm, been doing this for a couple of weeks now. I've also just ordered nmtz and 6w6p. Can't wait to try those! I didn't take any measurements unfortunately but I ft the difference in my clothes real quick!
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Good morning to you all.

I completed the 30 day shred yesterday and here are my stats:

Here are my stats:
    LOSSES (June 15 to July 25 - 30DS)
    Weight: 5.2 pounds
    Chest: .5 inches
    Left Bicep: 1 inch
    Right Bicep: .5 inches
    Waist: 6.5 inches
    Hips: 1.5 inches
    Left Thigh: 0
    Right Thigh: 1.5 inches

I'm starting to hate Jillian less now that my clothes are fitting better and I can FEEL muscle! Btw, did Ripped in 30 this morning and not only liked it, I made it through the whole workout.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Congrats mosneakers, such an accomplishment!

I finished level 1 of 30DS this morning and and ready to be humbled by level 2 tomorrow! Bring it Jillian!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of the 30 day slimdown. I'm getting a bit discouraged because I haven't lost anything yet. Prior to doing the slimdown I was doing level 1 of Ripped in 30 for a week. I don't have a measuring tape so I don't know if I am changing but I don't think so. Granted I don't have much to lose but I have a lot of flab that I'd like to tone in my belly and hips. Maybe it will just take me longer for things to happen.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK I had started 30ds last week but went on a short vacation this past weekend and didn't get a chance to get back into it. But I have decided that I am going to start it back up at the begining of the month and track the inches as I didn't measure when I started last week. I am looking forward to getting back into it and hopefully getting some amazing results like the rest of you! :)
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Anyone else try this slim down? I didn't hear about it until after I did the Shred.

I'm on day 4 of Ripped and I'm still liking it. I have to make some modifications because of my knees - and, seriously, I look like a total dork doing the Running Man (much like I did when it was a dance craze). Hilarious!!!

Way to go all of you that are keeping it up. That Jillian is one tough cookie, but I'd rather work with the cookie that shrinks my waistline rather than eat the one that expands it! :wink:
  • schiesm
    schiesm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am hald way done with 30 day shred! I am happy so far with my progress and results.I have been mixing up the workouts by doing all three level and I am now getting to the point I no longer need the modifications for the exercises. I was hoping for some more ideas for workout DVDs. I have tried no more trouble zones and one other of Jillians DVDs and no liked it.