Water Fasting...What's your experience?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What would be the point in your mind?

How long are you thinking?

I personally think there's no diet reason to do it (I think it's more likely to be counterproductive) or "reset" reason. If there might be some other benefit to a short term fast for you? Dunno, but not really about fitness or diet, IMO.

My experience, I've done full day fasts on occasion on religious fast days (the way we do them these days, a full fast is not required, but may encouraged if you want to) and I think that can be fine, even beneficial, depending on the point, but I think it's a really bad idea to encourage it as an approach to weight loss.

How did I feel? Like I missed food, but it wasn't horrible or anything (like I said, short term, nothing from dinner to breakfast the day after). I think there can be some benefits to becoming conscious of a lack or various other spiritual elements. There was no amazingness or severe hardship, and it made 0 difference to how I wanted to eat afterwards.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    wolfe1234 wrote: »

Could your health problems be related to the way you treated your body by starving it?

Nope. As I said in my original post, my health problems are not diet-related.

Ok.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    i almost plowed my car into an overpass because I was fasting. Two days in and I was done.
    Maybe it wasn't your fast. Maybe you were going too fast? :#

A deadly combination, thanks for pointing that out. Now I just drive fast. Watch out!