Lodger/paying house guest

Options

Replies

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Male, 30s, looking for roommate.

i have plenty of furniture and a spare bed and a spare tv and spare sheets and blankets. the sheets are white and a very high thread count. i prefer they are washed at least once a week.

don't mind if you drink my liquor and don't mind if you eat the food long as you kick some cash back. i eat the same things all the time though constantly so you'll probably lose your mind with boredom after like a week and i only drink bottom shelf.

im a bit of a neat freak but as long as you can follow the pre-printed labels on the counter shelves and make sure that's EXACTLY where it belongs when you put something back i don't think we'll have any problems. the tupperware is also labeled for your convenience.

cleanliness is next to godliness and i shower often. 3x/4x times a day on the weekends. 2x during the week. i encourage you to do the same. we will have a high water bill and sometimes the landlord will want to do inspections to make sure our unit doesn't have a leak.

the dishes are very specific. there are 4 plates, 4 bowls, and two larger bowls. the larger bowls should be used for cereal only. you will be provided 2 forks, 2 spoons, and 1 butter knife. no need to bring your own. as long as you know how to do the dishes and run a dishwasher i don't think we will have any issues. i will teach you how to use the electric kettle to boil water to scald the sink out after the dishes have been done as well.

i have a 60 inch 4k tv now and a ps4 and a xbox one and a wii and a NES and a Sega genesis and an original xbox. you are free to play any of them you want. i even have Battletoads on the NES. no cable. no internet. i know most of the neighbor's wifi passwords though and we can log in on theirs if you want to *kitten* something though.

also i hope you're into the group thing.

Can we share showers to save water? I'm all about dat efficiency. Also what are sheets?

Sheets are the things you (should) do in the toilet. Worries me that his are white and have high thread count but I'm not judging.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

i have plenty of furniture and a spare bed and a spare tv and spare sheets and blankets. the sheets are white and a very high thread count. i prefer they are washed at least once a week.

don't mind if you drink my liquor and don't mind if you eat the food long as you kick some cash back. i eat the same things all the time though constantly so you'll probably lose your mind with boredom after like a week and i only drink bottom shelf.

im a bit of a neat freak but as long as you can follow the pre-printed labels on the counter shelves and make sure that's EXACTLY where it belongs when you put something back i don't think we'll have any problems. the tupperware is also labeled for your convenience.

cleanliness is next to godliness and i shower often. 3x/4x times a day on the weekends. 2x during the week. i encourage you to do the same. we will have a high water bill and sometimes the landlord will want to do inspections to make sure our unit doesn't have a leak.

the dishes are very specific. there are 4 plates, 4 bowls, and two larger bowls. the larger bowls should be used for cereal only. you will be provided 2 forks, 2 spoons, and 1 butter knife. no need to bring your own. as long as you know how to do the dishes and run a dishwasher i don't think we will have any issues. i will teach you how to use the electric kettle to boil water to scald the sink out after the dishes have been done as well.

i have a 60 inch 4k tv now and a ps4 and a xbox one and a wii and a NES and a Sega genesis and an original xbox. you are free to play any of them you want. i even have Battletoads on the NES. no cable. no internet. i know most of the neighbor's wifi passwords though and we can log in on theirs if you want to *kitten* something though.

Can we share showers to save water? I'm all about dat efficiency. Also what are sheets?

Sheets are the things you (should) do in the toilet. Worries me that his are white and have high thread count but I'm not judging.

I am very interested in doing sheets in the toilet process, step by step. I see some promising future in that.
    Where do you want him to do his $hits?
    And sharts?
  • dc8066
    Options
    Do we get to vote on the best roommate ever?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Before I could begin to negotiate the transaction of renting the room, I would have to know whether you're retentive, or expulsive.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Interested in the room you have available. I am a tidy female with dependable income and excellent employment history. I am on a 28 day menstrual cycle, very regular, I'm due to start in exactly 7 days. We may synch up but we can handle that with chocolate and romcoms. I'm a firm believer in feeding the beast so to speak. I'm kinky, like I can make a shades of grey book turn into shades of blush but don't worry, I do that at the club not at home. I have an iron stomach and don't get diarrhea, should it ever occur, I need my privacy, I will check into a hotel. I have impeccable style, I am a fabulous cook, I clean up after myself and most importantly I understand humor. When should I book the moving truck?

You had me at chocolate and feeding the beast.

Good, now that I'm in, the truth is I'm an unemployed male heroin addict and I like to sniff panties.
    @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks is that you?

That describes our former mayor here in Toronto but not me.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

Yes, but you have to say why they would be
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    Before I could begin to negotiate the transaction of renting the room, I would have to know whether you're retentive, or expulsive.

Retentive 100%
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options

"I will teach you how to use the electric kettle" I can't pass this chance of education up.

Also everything has to be in 4's for me so I'm going to need 4 forks, 4 spoons, 4 butter knives and 4 showers a day. Hope that's ok.

its okay if you want to bring more cutleries, but they need to match the existing ones. i will send you pictures so you can find the exact same ones.

sharing showers isn't a dealbreaker for me. but you will have to make sure and collect all the loose strands of your hair after you're done every time. i dont like the look of one of those shower strainers and i won't be able to use the shower again if i get in and see strands of hair stuck to the walls either. i simply won't be able to cope with that.

the only time you're not allowed to use the provided sheets would be if we have company over.
    Excited to see your cutlery. Zero sarcasm.
  • dc8066
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

Yes, but you have to say why they would be

Best match, maybe
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I drew a picture of why we would be the best roomies.

It's an office chair race, at the office, because we would both work at the same office if we were roommates, obviously. Also, we work at Olive Garden, but an Olive Garden that has cubicles. It took me my full lunch hour to draw so I hope you like it.

rygt2gisz3hm.png

:D I love it!

When did I get dreads though? Why is the sky green? Is that where cash money comes from? So many questions.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

It's an office chair race, at the office, because we would both work at the same office if we were roommates, obviously. Also, we work at Olive Garden, but an Olive Garden that has cubicles. It took me my full lunch hour to draw so I hope you like it.

rygt2gisz3hm.png

Olive Garden allows birds inside?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

rygt2gisz3hm.png

:D I love it!

When did I get dreads though? Why is the sky green? Is that where cash money comes from? So many questions.

You don't have dreads, I just used a thicker marker to make your hair (because I'm lazy). The sky isn't green it's the inside of Olive Garden. I figured I would entice you as a roommate with cash money.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

rygt2gisz3hm.png

Olive Garden allows birds inside?

I figured those were inside birds.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So today I am putting out an ad for a lodger/paying house guest
    too long don't read, skip to the bit in bold at the bottom
    What I should write-
    I am looking for a working professional to join my household. One bedroom available for the right person within a welcoming, quiet house. Lots of amenities near by.

What I want to write- I am looking for a non psycho/freak to pay me money to put up with living with me. I am anal and will probably murder you if you put empty packets back in the cupboards or put overly stinky fish in my fridge.

If male, must put seat down and don't bring high pitched, loud girls/boys home. No romphims.

If female must make sure not to have same monthly time as me because that would be hell.

Sometimes I am really nice and will conversate, cook for you and maybe even share my alcohol, other times I don't want to talk at all and would appreciate it if you could be silent Bob during these times.

No fifty shades of grey readers please, I can't even.

Must be hygienic, no chronic diarrhoea sufferers. Don't touch my tea bags. No narcissists or humble braggers.

if you were to reply to an ad, what would you write and then what is the truth? What are you really like to live with (just for fun)

I'm very hygienic, even though I have a painful inflammatory bowel condition! I ALWAYS flush several times, and scrub up myself and the toilet after :-(
    Personally, I doubt I'd reply, or that we'd be able to stand living together, even if we were friends otherwise. Being worried that someone is judging my stomach issues would probably infuriate me and cause me to become a major *kitten*.
    I'm territorial, and always have a Sheldon Spot, and get very annoyed when it is being used by someone else. I'm not anal about straightening up, and mark my Sheldon corner by leaving books, laptop, paperwork or whatever lying there, although the rest of the house is kept clean, and I always do my dishes and keep the bathroom nice. I prefer to buy my own food, and don't mind sharing if you ask, but touch my restaurant leftovers or special treats and you will die.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    What I should write-
    I am looking for a working professional to join my household. One bedroom available for the right person within a welcoming, quiet house. Lots of amenities near by.

What I want to write- I am looking for a non psycho/freak to pay me money to put up with living with me. I am anal and will probably murder you if you put empty packets back in the cupboards or put overly stinky fish in my fridge.

If male, must put seat down and don't bring high pitched, loud girls/boys home. No romphims.

If female must make sure not to have same monthly time as me because that would be hell.

Sometimes I am really nice and will conversate, cook for you and maybe even share my alcohol, other times I don't want to talk at all and would appreciate it if you could be silent Bob during these times.

Must be hygienic, no chronic diarrhoea sufferers. Don't touch my tea bags. No narcissists or humble braggers.

if you were to reply to an ad, what would you write and then what is the truth? What are you really like to live with (just for fun)

if you were to reply to an ad, what would you write
    My response to what you should write:

I am interested in your room for rent. I am a single female, steadily employed, clean and quiet. I am interested in meeting you to see if our personalities compliment each other.
    what is the truth? What are you really like to live with
    My response to what you would like to write (and to what I am really like to live with):

If I am a psycho, I am undiagnosed...so it's fine, don't worry :)
    Freak, lets be honest here, we are all freaks of some sort...you might like my kind of freak.
    I won't touch your food and you had better not touch mine, I know exactly what I have and where I put it.
    The period thing...honestly wouldn't it be better if we got it over with at the same time? Come on...rethink that one.
    Talk to me if you want, I can ignore you and you won't notice, I'd prefer you didn't talk to me tho, most people bore me.
    No need to cook for me, I am super picky and don't want you to touch my food...eww gross.
    I appreciate that you will share your alcohol, I will replace anything that I drink (buy wine please), but don't you dare touch mine without asking.
    No worries about the 50 Shades of Grey reading, chronic diarrhea, narcissists and humble bragging.
    Hygienic - check - maybe even unhealthily so. There can be no sharing or multiple use of hand towels, and must be Lysol wipes readily available. If you get a cold stay the *kitten* away from me, do the world a favour while you're at it and quarantine yourself. Don't be surprised that I won't sit on the "common" furniture with out placing a clean towel on it.
    I won't touch your teabags, and don't you touch mine...they are expensive, I have discerning tastes.

Other notes about living with me:
    I prefer to stay up all night and sleep most of the day, don't worry that I have died if you don't see me all day.
    I am a night eater, don't get concerned if I don't eat until night time...it's what I do.
    I like cleaning, but won't clean up after you, if you mess up a "common" area I will throw your mess in your personal area (like in your bed).
    I sleepwalk sometimes, be warned I likely won't be fully clothed, and often leave a trail of destruction...
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    What I should write-

Hey Seahorse lady,

I too have a keen interest in seahorses and tea (although I'm not a big tea drinker but I do enjoy the occasional muffet). I have a reliable employer that pays me copious amounts of money to do a (potentially useful to the household) job.

I'm generally quiet around the house, preferring headphones to speakers. I'm rarely at home as I work late and often. I don't bring the womenz home as its a hassle getting them to leave so I prefer to go to their place. I eat nasal friendly chicken (mostly) and tend not to eat crisps and junk food. I like to grow vegetables and herbs so a garden is a plus if not a windowsill will do.

I'm happy to have home cooked meals but its not something i'd expect, I always offer to return the favour. I don't drink (much or often, if at all) so the alcohol is all yours.

I don't read fiddy shades. Most of my books are medical or sci-fi/fantasy.

I shower often and do not currently suffer any medical issues. I am humble and honest.

Truth

Hey person,

I want cheap room, yours is sufficiently cheep. I'm not OCD but I prefer to keep my bodies all neatly wrapped and in a straight line. I don't drink much as its much easier to take advantage if everyone else is drunk. I'm not noisy but my customers might be. Garden space is preferable but multiple windowsill planters are doable (if this is the case frequent angle grinding might occur)

I'm happy for you to have all the alcohol for the above reasons.

The meat may or may not be chicken.

I don't read fiddy shades.

I shower often and do not currently suffer from any medical issues. I am not humble, im honest aslong as it suits me.