Iowa/Midwest women?

Options
Megan91384
Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
Hey everyone. I'm at 188 days of daily logging and down 27 pounds. Still have around 40 I want to lose. I'm looking for more motivated friends who post daily or regularly and are in it for the long haul. This is truly a lifestyle change and one I'm fully committed to long term. Anyone like to join me on my journey? I need some support, encouragement and motivation! :)

Replies

• sugar5075
    sugar5075 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Iowa girl here. Started keto diet 7 days ago and have 9lbs. Been doing a lot of research on it. Pinterest is my friend. Quad city area!
  • Megan91384
    Options
    sugar5075 wrote: »
    Iowa girl here. Started keto diet 7 days ago and have 9lbs. Been doing a lot of research on it. Pinterest is my friend. Quad city area!

Not far from me :) I'm right between the Quad Cities and Iowa City. Nice to have another Iowa girl here! :)
  • shellecollins
    shellecollins Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kansas, so not exactly Iowa but close. I'm starting keto today!
  • Megan91384
    Options
    I'm in Kansas, so not exactly Iowa but close. I'm starting keto today!

Good luck, Shelle! :)
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Iowa girl! Currently living in northeast Iowa. I have been at this seriously since January and have lost 64.6 lbs. I still have a lot more to lose and would love to get additional motivation and support others in their journey.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm a man, but live in Iowa. I've been trying to lose weight since 2014 - struggled a whole lot until I went low carb. Now trying to keep at zero carb and working to get through that last tough 10 lbs. (almost as tough as the first 25 lbs. I lost with simple CICO).
  • Megan91384
    Options
    Iowa girl! Currently living in northeast Iowa. I have been at this seriously since January and have lost 64.6 lbs. I still have a lot more to lose and would love to get additional motivation and support others in their journey.

That's awesome! Congrats and good luck with your weight loss goals! Eastern Iowa for me. :)
  • Megan91384
    Options
    I'm a man, but live in Iowa. I've been trying to lose weight since 2014 - struggled a whole lot until I went low carb. Now trying to keep at zero carb and working to get through that last tough 10 lbs. (almost as tough as the first 25 lbs. I lost with simple CICO).

I'm just trying to maintain a calorie deficit to lose. I've researched keto and people have great success with it but I could never do it long term. I like carbs too much :) Good luck reaching your weight loss goals! :) It's nice to see so many Midwest people!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Used to live close to Dubuque. Down about 40 pounds.
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oskaloosa! Just beginning a journey of losing 40 pounds... down 3 so far.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Everyone is always on the "other side of the state"! I live in NW Iowa.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

I used to live in NW Iowa. Does that count?
  • andreajean2014
    andreajean2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, Megan! I'm not quite in Iowa, but I'm less than an hour south of the border in Missouri! I'm working on eating 1200-1300 calories a day with one "cheat" day a week. I've lost 10 pounds so far!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm in eastern Iowa. Today is my 1,033rd day on MFP. Is that long enough LOL? Anyway, I lost about 90 pounds the first year and have spent the last 18 months or so maintaining/recomping. You are correct that this is a long-term project, but it can be done and it can even be enjoyable if you have the right mindset and learn what works for you.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I grew up in rural NW Iowa. Now I'm in SW Iowa - still the "other side of the state" from Iowa City, Quad Cities, etc. Population center is still DSM - I lived there for several years after college and moved shortly after the western suburbs started devouring every open space around. NW Iowa still has SUX. I'm 10 miles from MO and only about a 70-90 min. drive to the closest city (CB/Omaha).
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am in Oskaloosa. I started in April and I have lost 40 pounds. I have around 60 to go. I have been on every day except when I was on vacation and didn't have good internet access. You can add me.
  • Megan91384
    Options
    Hi, Megan! I'm not quite in Iowa, but I'm less than an hour south of the border in Missouri! I'm working on eating 1200-1300 calories a day with one "cheat" day a week. I've lost 10 pounds so far!

Great job, Andrea! That's what I've been doing to have success, 1200-1300 per day with one day I may go over but not too much :) I recently raised my calories a bit but I'm not losing like I want (but have been maintaining) so now I'll be back to the 12-1300 range again for my next 5-10 pounds to lose. And I know so many Iowa people now in Missouri and Missouri people now in Iowa, it's crazy! lol. Welcome to our new little Midwest niche. :)
  • Megan91384
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I'm in eastern Iowa. Today is my 1,033rd day on MFP. Is that long enough LOL? Anyway, I lost about 90 pounds the first year and have spent the last 18 months or so maintaining/recomping. You are correct that this is a long-term project, but it can be done and it can even be enjoyable if you have the right mindset and learn what works for you.

Now that's commitment! :)
  • andreajean2014
    andreajean2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice! I've found the cheat days really help me stay on track the other days. I usually eat my normal foods for definitely breakfast and usually lunch an then for dinner I just eat whatever I want lol. I'll still workout if it's my day to workout, and I make sure I take my vitamins and drink extra water to help with bloating. And same here! Lol. Most of the people I know have lived in or were born in Iowa lol.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

I grew up in rural NW Iowa. Now I'm in SW Iowa - still the "other side of the state" from Iowa City, Quad Cities, etc. Population center is still DSM - I lived there for several years after college and moved shortly after the western suburbs started devouring every open space around. NW Iowa still has SUX. I'm 10 miles from MO and only about a 70-90 min. drive to the closest city (CB/Omaha).

I live pretty close to SUX! LOL!