Show off your home gym

Options
giantrobot_powerlifting
giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
edited July 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I recently moved and my gym went from seasonal garage to full time basement.

6j3i49652xpr.jpg

9ma4ffqozhan.jpg

tg48i3wczoav.jpg

I'm a powerlifter, so it's pretty spartan, but functional.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wish...
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    That home gym looks amazing!
    Jdismybug1 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed... all I have is a fat cat laying on my yoga mat with a couple of dumbbells. Lol.

At least its getting used ;)
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nice equipment Duck but cluttered AF. How do you get around in there?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    PPumpItUp wrote: »
    Nice equipment Duck but cluttered AF. How do you get around in there?

It's tight. That's for sure. I'm pretty small (short and not very broad) so it works for me. Like my rower is literally in the corner up against the wall behind and to the side and I don't hit either. For someone taller/larger (broad) it probably wouldn't work out as well. I have enough space for me, but it is tight.

Although the pics don't show it well, there is about 10-12x5 ft of free floor space. 10 with the bag up, 12 with the bag down.

For a long time; I didn't have the storage racks, pegs, plate trees, etc and that stuff was ALL over. That was a disaster. If I clean up after myself, it's very workable now. Tight, but worth it to have it all to myself in my basement available 24/7.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Granted, it looks a gym you'd see on Criminal Minds... but it's all mine.
    crdzbogqd1a2.jpg

I dig the sled.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    DaFibble wrote: »
    That home gym looks amazing!
    Jdismybug1 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed... all I have is a fat cat laying on my yoga mat with a couple of dumbbells. Lol.

At least its getting used ;)

:D Yes it is. Lol.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nothing fancy but it does the trick :smile:

2osu4eqdbxtg.jpg

@tinkerbellang83 I see you have a mat over a wood floor - I'll be converting a bedroom with a wood floor into a workout area. While I've never dropped a weight in my life, I am concerned about the floor. However, I have chemical sensitivities and rubber mats are simply not an option and newish rubber products is why I'm not joining any of the area gyms. I have three yoga mats and am planning on using them as a just-in-case. (While they are rubber, they are quite old and so thoroughly offgassed.)

Do you use your stability ball regularly? We had them at work but all stopped using them. Meetings were fun for a while though, when we were all bouncing around, out of sync.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Man. This invokes some serious gym envy.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Soooo much envy here!
    Only a partial basement here and my oldest is living in it while going to school. To make room in the garage I'd have to give up my automotive tools and woodworking equipment :'(
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Nothing fancy but it does the trick :smile:

2osu4eqdbxtg.jpg

@tinkerbellang83 I see you have a mat over a wood floor - I'll be converting a bedroom with a wood floor into a workout area. While I've never dropped a weight in my life, I am concerned about the floor. However, I have chemical sensitivities and rubber mats are simply not an option and newish rubber products is why I'm not joining any of the area gyms. I have three yoga mats and am planning on using them as a just-in-case. (While they are rubber, they are quite old and so thoroughly offgassed.)

Do you use your stability ball regularly? We had them at work but all stopped using them. Meetings were fun for a while though, when we were all bouncing around, out of sync.

@kshama2001 Mostly as a foot rest lol but I do use it for my abs work outs.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The hubby set this up for me in our little NYC apartment. Not too shabby and I hope to add a few more dumbbells and maybe a bench...

MBwZgGw.jpg
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Finally got around to clearing my garage out to make room for my power cage and punch bag stand.
    Not overly impressive but functional with plenty of room.

gjt2rcmlasua.jpg

Look at those sweet fractional plates scattered around like lollies :)