Looking for keto buddies

Options
I started keto two weeks ago. I just fell off the keto wagon today. I would love to make some friends on this site. I am definitely supportive and hope to make similar friends.

Replies

• LamiesF
    LamiesF Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there today was my 6th on the cycling keto diet waiting patiently for my cheat day
  • TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm low carb, been so since August last year.

Tom
  • MiaCanadian
    MiaCanadian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me ☺️ I have been doing low carb since January, and keto for a month.
  • EmIsabel90
    EmIsabel90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started as well. On day 2. I'm starting to see just how important having a support group is. Not that i'm doing badly. Just could use more friends on the same path. :) Feel free to add.
  • traverszack
    traverszack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been on Keto for about 3 weeks, 2 weeks taking it really seriously. Have lost 12 pounds of my 25 pound goal with moderate exercise! Would love to find people to chat with!
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    maryde8427 wrote: »
    I started keto two weeks ago. I just fell off the keto wagon today. I would love to make some friends on this site. I am definitely supportive and hope to make similar friends.

Keto here
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Hi! I have been keto for about 4-5 months. Why did you fall off the wagon? Was it the sweet cravings? I was also going crazy for sweets the whole entire time. I've made myself keto desserts to get me through, but mainly I had a cheat day here and there. The problem with that was the water retention afterwards. It was awful! Lasted 4 days of 3-4lb gain! I've Incorporated Itermittent fasting and now trying Omad. Personally I think I am in love with OMAD. (I am eating anything I want! Shhhh... )
  • EriN1979
    EriN1979 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey! I've been keto since the beginning of April and I'm loving it. Feel free to add me
  • suzywoo72
    suzywoo72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too! Started Keto April. I'm down 16#. And my husband started in June.
  • bay9er707
    bay9er707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I be been doing keto for 6 days now down 6 pounds and am excited to keep finding new foods that are keto friendly that I already enjoyed. Sugar free jello with heavy whipping cream whip craves a sweet tooth.
  • maryde8427
    maryde8427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »

Hi! I have been keto for about 4-5 months. Why did you fall off the wagon? Was it the sweet cravings? I was also going crazy for sweets the whole entire time. I've made myself keto desserts to get me through, but mainly I had a cheat day here and there. The problem with that was the water retention afterwards. It was awful! Lasted 4 days of 3-4lb gain! I've Incorporated Itermittent fasting and now trying Omad. Personally I think I am in love with OMAD. (I am eating anything I want! Shhhh... )

Hi. I have been missing sweets quite a bit. Cupcakes are kind of my thing. I tried Stevia and Swerve yesterday, and I noticed that I was no longer in Keto. I used those cheap strips to test. I fell off the wagon when I noticed that I suddenly became really hungry and overate too. What's Omad? Oh yeah, one day of falling off the wagon cost me almost an pound. How long for the 3-4lb gain that you talked about to go away?
  • maryde8427
    maryde8427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • kokonani
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »

Hi. I have been missing sweets quite a bit. Cupcakes are kind of my thing. I tried Stevia and Swerve yesterday, and I noticed that I was no longer in Keto. I used those cheap strips to test. I fell off the wagon when I noticed that I suddenly became really hungry and overate too. What's Omad? Oh yeah, one day of falling off the wagon cost me almost an pound. How long for the 3-4lb gain that you talked about to go away?

Omad is eating one meal a day. I know, it sounds extreme, but it's really satisfying so far. So my experience with keto goes like this:
    Lost 5 lbs first week after strict keto 20g or less. Was excited! Next few days lost 1-2 lbs. Then weight fluctuations up, down 1-2 lbs for the next 2-3 months! Complete stall, so I start tracking calories and find out I'm eating over my deficit of 1400 calories. I'm hungry all day long, not to mention my sweet cravings. Getting tired of eating fats, greasy meats, no fruit.. blah blah blah. I start intermittent fasting. Don't eat for 16 hours. I do this for 3 days. Boom, lost 2.5 lbs! But what's killing me is the sweets! I just want to eat cake and muffins!! So I've experimented with OMAD. One meal but eat whatever the heck I want as long as it is within my maintenance calories. That's alot of food in one meal! Also I can go crazy with my sweets.. so I did it for two days.. and guess what? Another 2 lbs lost! Tomorrow is my 3rd day, I am so looking forward to having a vanilla bean cake and a cinnabon! (Along with some protein and veggies of course!) But its so satisfying and I am stuffed all day/night long! I even have energy to go running for 20 min.
  • kokonani
    Options
    I thought I'd gain water weight on OMAD switching from keto and consuming a ginormous meal of high sugar carbs, but I had no gain! I guess it's because I'm fasting for so long until my next meal that it uses up the glycogen? Don't know too much scientific details.. but it's really interesting. I had severe retention from a cheat day on keto and it would take almost 4-5 days to lose the water weight. And I wouldn't lose any more than what I started before cheating.
  • randilyn2013
    randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been on/off keto for about a year. Finishing college has made it a lot easier so I've been pretty strict ~30 net per day for around 3 months. I've lost around 30lbs so far. I've found the best thing is to not have cheat days/meals but to find and incorporate what you want to eat into a ketogenic lifestyle. I'm not saying I've never slipped but that mindset has made it so much easier.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I started Keto this week as well (about 4 days in). I know almost nothing about it so I've been looking for groups that've been around the block with this diet. I've gotten to the point of overindulgence in the past year and I feel as though I'm literally addicted to sweets and salt... maybe we could help each other with finding good Keto recipes? Other than the typical meat, eggs, butter, EVOO, that is, which I'm getting a little sick of already. I have this feeling that if I don't keep plenty of Keto-friendly foods on hand I'll go straight to the bread :smile:
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Started Keto this week and combining it with IF. 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. First day on Keto was after a 48 hour fast and my weight is responding nicely. (cuz we all know the first day brings results, right? lol)
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Since late March of this year I have been gradually decreasing my carb intake and upping my fat intake. I have lost 17 pounds since then and have more energy than I have ever had and I don't get hungry very often and have had few cravings. I had a few higher carb days, especially early on, but have found it easier to stay consistent and not get off track. I've been working on adjusting my macros and in the past couple of weeks have been keeping carbs to about 10%-12% mostly from veggies like asparagus, onions, mushrooms, etc. and fat at about 65%. I've never had that much of a sweet tooth, but I did like bread. I do have a weakness for Arctic Zero and Halo Top, though. When first introduced to it I was eating a pint 5 days a week (and still losing weight). :o Now I eat about a pint twice a week to make room for more nutritious calories.