Russell Wilson - great guy
    Tony Romo - great guy
    Troy Aikman - great guy
    Chris Collinsworth - great guy
    Aaron Rodgers..... well
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the same vicinity as 311 so in the late 80's, early 90's, I hung out with them a lot. Listened to them practice, write/put stuff together for hours on end. Partied a lot as well. They are all really laid back awesome guys, still catch up with them sometimes when they come to town.

Stopped at a rest stop one night after and all day festival that Rob Zombie headlined, his tour bus pulled in right behind us. We ended up talking to him for about an hour outside the bathrooms. Again, he was pretty awesome too.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the same vicinity as 311 so in the late 80's, early 90's, I hung out with them a lot. Listened to them practice, write/put stuff together for hours on end. Partied a lot as well. They are all really laid back awesome guys, still catch up with them sometimes when they come to town.

Stopped at a rest stop one night after and all day festival that Rob Zombie headlined, his tour bus pulled in right behind us. We ended up talking to him for about an hour outside the bathrooms. Again, he was pretty awesome too.

Who?
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Usher at the Mercedes benz dealership in Atlanta. He was nice, smiled, and waved at me!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Who?

Did your mom cut off the internet to the basement?

https://youtu.be/lYBIRHi5-o8
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    Usher at the Mercedes benz dealership in Atlanta. He was nice, smiled, and waved at me!

I meet ushers all the time at the movies.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

It was just one usher
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just a few I can think of off the top of my head...

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Mike Vitar (benny from sandlot)
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G
    and the best one yet...Snoop Dogg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

I had college friends working as ushers at NFL games

.... equals : free entry to NFL games.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

Snoop Dogg would be a blast to hang with, I think.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

Better than 311?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Emmitt Smith almost ran me over once.

When I was 16, me and some friends met some dudes in a hair band when we were in London. They were buying us drinks and trying to hit on us. I can't remember the name of the band - they were medium-famous in England, but I'd never heard of them, at the time, so it didn't stick with me. And I didn't go back to their hotel room with them. I was SIXTEEN and these dudes were probably in their late 20s. I thought it was kind of gross that they were trying to get with me. :smiley:
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    Oh, and during Superbowl week 2005 (or was it 2004?) I saw The Rock in a bar and rode an elevator with Pamela Anderson. Who is really, really short, but very beautiful, even without all the makeup.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

Better than 311?

Well.. aren't groups always better than one on one?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited July 2017
    Options

When I was 16, me and some friends met some dudes in a hair band when we were in London. They were buying us drinks and trying to hit on us. I can't remember the name of the band - they were medium-famous in England, but I'd never heard of them, at the time, so it didn't stick with me. And I didn't go back to their hotel room with them. I was SIXTEEN and these dudes were probably in their late 20s. I thought it was kind of gross that they were trying to get with me. :smiley:

And as you were leaving the bar, the NFL's all-time leading rusher almost ran over you?
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    OMG, I can't believe I almost forgot the best one - Justin Bieber. Back when he was still a kid with a weird bowl haircut, he was in town for the rodeo with Selena Gomez (I don't think they were dating at the time) and they went to eat at a restaurant called Vincent's. We were there with a big group - my husband and I had JUST started dating, and I heard the commotion and looked over and saw that haircut... well, I knew who it was. My stepdaughter was probably 11 or 12 at the time, and a HUGE fan, so I made my husband go over there to get an autograph after they were clearly done with their meal.

We didn't really get to talk to JB, all communication was done through a big bodyguard. And JB is left-handed. And spelled my stepdaughter's name wrong. And we didn't even ASK for Selena Gomez's autograph, which was a huge mistake, in retrospect.
  • JeepHair77
    edited July 2017
    Options

And as you were leaving the bar, the NFL's all-time leading rusher almost ran over you?

Nope. Two totally separate incidents. The Emmitt Smith thing was right after the superbowl in 1996 (about 3 years after the creepy British hair band thing). We were on the way to the parade and he went flying down the street like a bat out of hell. He must have been late. LOL!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

it was probably the best day of my life
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Joe Theismann was 2 people ahead of me in line for a show in Las Vegas. I whispered to my friend 'that's Joe Theismann'. She said rather loudly 'who the f... is Joe Theismann?'. He kind of looked out of the corner of his eye and I wanted to crawl in a hole.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

it was probably the best day of my life

I am amazed you can remember it! :D