Celebrity Encounters

Options

Replies

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just a few I can think of off the top of my head...

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Mike Vitar (benny from sandlot)
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G
    and the best one yet...Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg would be a blast to hang with, I think.

it was probably the best day of my life

I am amazed you can remember it! :D

most parts anyway...but everything else i was told. Like how I begged him to give me a piggy back ride to the bathroom.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I met Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, with their daughters at a summer camp for wealthy teens in New York State. I worked there over a summer. Demi Moore was super nice and fairly friendly, but Bruce Willis holed himself up to meditate and read in a field with his bodyguards around him and didn't talk to anyone. Their daughter Rumer was one of the loneliest young teens I had ever seen :(
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

most parts anyway...but everything else i was told. Like how I begged him to give me a piggy back ride to the bathroom.

Ha! Did he oblige?
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    I sold R. Kelly a hat back when I was in college. He and his entourage came into the mall where I worked. He didn't try to pee on any of the girls that worked there so I guess it all went well.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options
    I met Demi Moore and Bruce Willis, with their daughters at a summer camp for wealthy teens in New York State. I worked there over a summer. Demi Moore was super nice and fairly friendly, but Bruce Willis holed himself up to meditate and read in a field with his bodyguards around him and didn't talk to anyone. Their daughter Rumer was one of the loneliest young teens I had ever seen :(

BRUCE WILLIS. I met Bruce Willis at a local bar. He came in and sang Karaoke a lot for like a solid year after he bought a house on my lake. I looooooved him!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

Wayne Gretzky
    Adrian Peterson
    Prince
    Derek Boogaard *RIP*
    Nick Swardson
    Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Mike Modano
    Kevin Gates
    Warren G

Ha! Did he oblige?

he sure did! he was seriously the coolest person ever. he shared his special cigarettes with me also :lol:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I met Junior Seau (may he eeat in peace).

I've met a bunch of NASCAR drivers.

Pharrell Williams I've bumped into several times. Had drinks with him (he's from Virginia Beach, which is where I grew up). He used to date my sisters best friend before he got famous.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ty pennington came to fargo moorhead to do a home makeover and my friend lived on the next street over and we met him and he was a huge weiner
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Ty pennington came to fargo moorhead to do a home makeover and my friend lived on the next street over and we met him and he was a huge weiner

Hahahahaha.....I read this as 'has' not 'was'!!

• royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson in 80's

He wore that sparkling glove! B)

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Sammy Hagar - wanted nothing more than to talk about Jesus and if I had opened up my heart to his love (this was my first rockstar experience and I was not prepared for this)

George Clinton - chillest dude in the history of mankind - I got to play trumpet with the P-Funk in an free jazz moment backstage pre-show

RZA - sat and talked Kung-Fu classic movies for hours

Willem Dafoe - at a bar in St. Martin when he was filming Speed 2. Really nice guy and bought my team many rounds of drinks.

Dwayne Johnson - nicest celebrity ever. Truly devoted to his fans and was the only star to show up at a GI Joe con when the film was delayed. He flew in while shooting another film (Hercules?) just so he wouldn't disappoint fans. Most didn't know he was coming so there were only a few people waiting and no press.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

kinda forgot that dude even existed
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    George Strait - Met him when he was dropping a truck off for service at a car dealership. Very nice man.
    Dennis Rodman - Met him on two occasions, once at a mall and once at a night club. Very nice both times
    The Band Journey - Met the band before a show in Austin Tx for about 45-50 seconds at a meet-n-greet. All nice

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    At comic cons... John Barrowman (looked very stressed and rushed), Tom Hiddleston and Stephen Amell - both extremely nice and took the time to chat with everyone (and so gorgeous). Of course I did pay to met them, so there's that. Still awesome.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I was an undergrad, I hung out routinely with Brent Smith from band Shinedown, of course I hung out with him before he got famous, low key nice guy.
    Sat next to Chamique Holdsclaw for a semester, she was funny.
    Met Jamal Lewis...he lived down the street from me, I didn't realize it until I took my kids trick-or-treating, he answered the door & passed out king size candy bars...cool.
    I met Mike Tyson...meh
    Jesse Hasek, singer from the band 10-years.
    In high school I met Lee Marvin at a record store I worked at...didnt know who he was, my boss told me.
    I've met Judge Jeannine at a work conference...meh.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I usually leave celebrities alone but I jumped when the mountain from game of thrones was standing behind me and reached over me to get a protein shake.. giving me a minor heart attack.

Later I held open a door for him when he was carrying a lot of stuff. He laughed then as well (probably thinking why in the world this tiny 5'2 chick was holding the door for one of the world's strongest man)

He also shops at the same supermarket I do.. and he hands me the stuff from the top shelfs I can't reach.

Ugh!!! This is so cool :)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Kip Winger was really good friends with my ex-boyfriend's brother (we all grew up & went to same school) so he was a regular in the household! He was super nice and funny! He was a lot older than me (9 or 10 years) so I would never had met him otherwise.
    Does he count as a celebrity??