Have seen a nutritionist for a year- basically no progress

Options

Replies

• edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    First, I would look at how much wine you're drinking, calories, etc, as was already suggested. Consider cutting back on that maybe.

Then look at the rest of your diet. The extracurricular eating causes me to believe that she has you on an ineslistiv and unsustainable diet. Research meal plans that work for you and budget calories as to what MFP suggests. You don't have to eat like a bird in order to lose weight. Apparently, her plan is making you want to pull your hair out.
  • mangofish44
    mangofish44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 weeks into diet and down 15 pounds. Granted, 2-4 pounds likely the first water wait washing out.

Key for me has been accurate logging with no office snacking at all. Especially, if you drink. Those are your snacks.

Try vodka soda with two lines or gin and diet tonic with a lime.

Your snack in the AM sounds big and more like a meal. Change it to a piece of fruit like an apple or a small yogurt max. Ton of calories in peanut butter.

Try salads for lunch a few times a week instead of the three course with dressing on side you can dip. Your lunches sound like a lot of calls too.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good luck, OP!

My drinks of choice when going out are:
    Single shot of gin with slimline tonic (about 75 calories)
    Single shot of whiskey with Diet Coke
    White wine spritzer (small glass of white wine with sparkling water/ soda water added to it)

I log all my drinks and try not to have too much - I prefer eating my calories!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    halmsafit wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Are you counting the calories from alcohol? That can add up fast. Have you been logging everything here? There is nothing wrong with enjoying your foods, but it does need to come with a balance. Specifically you need to be in a calorie deficit (eat less than you burn throughout the day).

What type of food plan does your nutritionist have you on? Sounds like whatever it is, it doesn't really suit your lifestyle, and it's not working. Additionally, nutritionists have a wildly varying level of training. They may not be the best source of information for you.

Right now it's-
    Muscle milk shake for breakfast or egg white and veggie cups with 1 piece toast for breakfast.
    Snack am and pm-rice cake with PB2,yogurt, or apple with chicken tenderloins )
    Lunch - meat(usually chicken or turkey) with lots of veg and a starch
    Dinner/ usually same as lunch but starch only 3 days

How many calories in that muscle milkshake?

• sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Fire your nutritionist. buy a food scale. log everything. you'll figure out how much you're eating and then reduce calories from there.

Personally, I find eating all day (3 meals, 2 snacks) unnecessary, although it was a long standing habit. I usually have 2 decent meals, plus a light breakfast (coffee/milk). Maybe a piece of fruit if I need it. YMMV but its worth considering whether you need to have morning and afternoon snack, esp if your lunch is protein, veg and starch.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Are you counting the calories from alcohol? That can add up fast. Have you been logging everything here? There is nothing wrong with enjoying your foods, but it does need to come with a balance. Specifically you need to be in a calorie deficit (eat less than you burn throughout the day).

What type of food plan does your nutritionist have you on? Sounds like whatever it is, it doesn't really suit your lifestyle, and it's not working. Additionally, nutritionists have a wildly varying level of training. They may not be the best source of information for you.

Right now it's-
    Muscle milk shake for breakfast or egg white and veggie cups with 1 piece toast for breakfast.

According to amazon 150-320 calories. Depending on whether 1 or 2 scoops
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options

Right now it's-

Well, if it is 320, that's nearly a quarter of my weight loss calories all in one milkshake. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to consume so much so early in the day, but to each their own.
  • stanmann571
    Options

Right now it's-

Well, if it is 320, that's nearly a quarter of my weight loss calories all in one milkshake. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to consume so much so early in the day, but to each their own.

3 meals a day, plus a snack. 1/4 sounds about right...
  • stanmann571
    Options
    xShreddx wrote: »
    Of course but my point is too many people only look at rhe calorie number and ignore the nutrient limits. MFP has them there for a reason. If you are under calories but over on sugar, you will struggle.

Perhaps... perhaps not.

The MFP macro suggestions are just that.. suggestions.

And for most people they aren't correct.

They're too low or too high for most peoples goals.
  • halmsafit
    halmsafit Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Right now it's-

130- they're the small ones that come in a 4 pack