Walking and bulky thighs

Options
dandanacutie
dandanacutie Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I've done a lot of researches but I didn't find the answer I want.
I love walking I walk on 4 mph for 4 hours daily and I count my calories to meet my weight loss goals ...
Am I gonna have bulky thighs? I'm a classic pear shaped and I want to slim down my thighs

Replies

• dandanacutie
    edited July 2017
    Options
  • dandanacutie
    Options
    No! I don't want bulky thighs I was just asking to make sure I won't get any with this much of walking.
    Thank you all
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    hehehe no lady. Walk away.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If you're walking 16 miles a day at a 4 mph pace, you're going to build some muscle.

NOT as much as you would with a strength program, but it will be there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've started lifting and doing more leg presses and squats along with my diet. As I've been losing fat my legs have been getting smaller. So that's something to think about. If you get some muscle in your legs it doesnt necessarily mean your legs will get bigger, they may even slim down a little. But this is only personal observation, not fact.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Am I gonna have bulky thighs?
    Not from walking.
    I'm a classic pear shaped and I want to slim down my thighs
    Calorie deficit will result in fat loss - some of that will most likely be coming from your thighs.

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I did get get a small amount of muscle increase in my calves after moving to the mountains. I would hardly say they bulked up and they haven't grown any more muscular since the first few weeks of moving up here. In fact they have become slimmer from losing weight and walking just as much on those same hills.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    If you're progressively increasing the incline on the walk while keeping the same pace you will likely add some mass to your legs. If you are already thicker in the legs and want to avoid adding size, I would keep it at a low/no incline walk.

really? walking adds mass? So you're saying if i walk fast and on an incline i'll gain mass on my legs?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! And even at an incline you will not get bulky legs, I walked that much every day for years, at an incline for half of it and never ever had bulky legs (the opposite in fact, very slim).