Any suggestion for weight loss?

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    My height 173cm and weight 69kg ,I always intake less than 1300cal but not lossing weight

do you use a food scale to weigh out portions? More than likely you are not estimating correctly and are eating more than 1300 calories.

I use such methods like 1cup rice ~200calories (two times a day,so 400 calories total),one boiled egg etc.

Weigh raw (uncooked) rice on a digital food scale. Log those calories. Your cooked rice could have absorbed more or less water.....water has no calories, but water plumps up rice and changes the measure.

Measuring cups for calorie dense things - rice, pasta, flour......not very accurate.

Your stats are more than just your height and weight. Old people generally burn fewer calories than you. Sedentary burn fewer calories than active......You just gave your height & weight so I guessed at the rest.

Plug your stats into the Scooby's link above....see what your maintenance is. The vast majority of women can lose while eating 1300 calories. Exceptions would be metabolic (medical) disorders.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    RaikamalMukherjee1201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    My height 173cm and weight 69kg ,I always intake less than 1300cal but not lossing weight

do you use a food scale to weigh out portions? More than likely you are not estimating correctly and are eating more than 1300 calories.

I use such methods like 1cup rice ~200calories (two times a day,so 400 calories total),one boiled egg etc.

Weigh raw (uncooked) rice on a digital food scale. Log those calories. Your cooked rice could have absorbed more or less water.....water has no calories, but water plumps up rice and changes the measure.

Measuring cups for calorie dense things - rice, pasta, flour......not very accurate.

Your stats are more than just your height and weight. Old people generally burn fewer calories than you. Sedentary burn fewer calories than active......You just gave your height & weight so I guessed at the rest.

Plug your stats into the Scooby's link above....see what your maintenance is. The vast majority of women can lose while eating 1300 calories. Exceptions would be metabolic (medical) disorders.

Thanks for information, but I measure uncooked rice (as I told before) and my age is just 19 ,so I think I can burn more and this my 6th day here so I think I should not hurry too much,thanks again
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    My calorie intake is around that too, i eat 5 meals a day, im always feeling stuffed! Before i used to eat 3 meals a day and was always hungry in between, i started 4 weeks ago and i have lost 10lbs in total. I do about 30-60 mins of dancing before breakfast and then every other day i lift weights. Im eating alot of protein (chicken) pasta and veg, and 2 tina of tuna and salad etx spread out over 5 meala, Seems like i eat loads all day but cals adding up to around 1300 odd. So its been great :)

10lbs in one month!!
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. Attitude, it's 100% what contributes to achieving your goals.
    2. Education-learn and do this the healthy way (no fad diets, diet pills, quick weight loss schemes)
    3. Prepare your meals, have a plan on what you eat a head of time
    4. Track calories, weigh food on food scale. Must have calorie deficit to lose weight.
    5. Join a gym make cardio goals that are reasonable or take up activities you know burn calories
    6. Exercise everyday even if it's just walking.
    7. Balanced, healthy diet and limit unhealthy foods you like and stick to one serving if you do eat junk and make eating them less frequent.
    8. Be patient keep at it don't give up.
    9. Shop for your success, if you don't buy it you wont eat it. Fill fridge with veggies, fruit
  • TeaBea
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thanks for information, but I measure uncooked rice (as I told before) and my age is just 19 ,so I think I can burn more and this my 6th day here so I think I should not hurry too much,thanks again

Your post above says...1 cup rice ~ 200 calories.....that's the approximate calories for steamed rice.

Because you are just 19, your TDEE is HIGHER, so that makes it even more likely that you should be losing weight at 1300 calories.

Re: 10 pounds in 1 month. Don't compare yourself to others. It could be that poster has much more weight to lose, or they started low carb & it's quite a bit of water weight in that 10 pounds. Either way 10 pounds will slow down as they get closer to goal.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    2. Education-learn and do this the healthy way (no fad diets, diet pills, quick weight loss schemes)
    4. Track calories, weigh food on food scale. Must have calorie deficit to lose weight.
    5. Join a gym make cardio goals that are reasonable or take up activities you know burn calories
    7. Balanced, healthy diet and limit unhealthy foods you like and stick to one serving if you do eat junk and make eating them less frequent.
    9. Shop for your success, if you don't buy it you wont eat it. Fill fridge with veggies, fruit

Does such pills having advertisements'lose 10kg in one Month' work?
    I can't join gym ,so if I do exercises at home and walk a bit ,shall I lose weight?
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Diet pills do not work, if anything you lose water weight then you gain twice as much back. It's also not regulated by FDA and most can cause heart and kidney issues even death. Not worth it. My mom had a friend juice, took it to extreme and died a year later.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like numbers, thus I tried to find a cup in my house that holds the amount of one measuring cup, 240ml apparently. I found one and could get 200g of basmati rice into it. 200g of dry basmati rice are approximately 720 calories. Thta's a lot more than 200 calories unless you're using a tiny measuring cup.

And now I continue eating my very yummy haggis with neeps and tatties o:)
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I like numbers, thus I tried to find a cup in my house that holds the amount of one measuring cup, 240ml apparently. I found one and could get 200g of basmati rice into it. 200g of dry basmati rice are approximately 720 calories. Thta's a lot more than 200 calories unless you're using a tiny measuring cup.

Not eating basmati rice ,1 cup rice which I eat ~ 200 calories
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the website vahrehvah.com? I love this site for Indian food, and the chef has a category for healthy and nutritious recipes.

Yes, you can exercise at home and lose weight. Some body weight strength exercises such as crunches, squats, and push-ups require no equipment, and you can also do cardio routines without equipment. YouTube videos are useful for this.

Avoid pills - most do nothing but some can damage your heart.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Can you post the nutrition label for the rice you eat?

Because I know that generally, half a cup of cooked rice -- so 1/4 cup uncooked -- is going to be 160 calories. If you're eating one cup, that's actually 320. Twice a day, that's 640. Quite a bit different from the 400 that you think you're getting.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options

You measure uncooked rice in the cup, and it is one cup full? Then 200 calories is not right, sorry. It is much more than that. It doesn't matter whether it's basmati or other white rice. The calorie count is very similar.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

So if I'm reading this correctly, you've only been logging 1300 calories for 6 days? In addition to the food scale suggestions, you also need to have more patience. With so little to lose, it's going to take time. It's WAY too soon to wonder why you aren't losing weight.
  • TeaBea
    Options

Does such pills having advertisements'lose 10kg in one Month' work?
    I can't join gym ,so if I do exercises at home and walk a bit ,shall I lose weight?

Of course not. If those diet pills worked, none of use would need My Fitness Pal. Measuring & logging, eating under your TDEE is what works. Calories in vs. calories out is universal.

The biggest factor for losing weight is calories in. I can eat a Snicker's bar in a minute flat....but it takes quite a bit of exercise to burn that off. Getting good measurements is key. WEIGH your rice before it is cooked. Measuring steamed rice in a measuring cup, or even weighing steamed rice (water) is not going to be accurate.

Joining a gym is NOT mandatory. Plenty of people burn calories just by moving more. Most people aren't burning a ton of calories at the gym unless they are spending considerable time there.
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options

Can you post the nutrition label for the rice you eat?

Because I know that generally, half a cup of cooked rice -- so 1/4 cup uncooked -- is going to be 160 calories. If you're eating one cup, that's actually 320. Twice a day, that's 640. Quite a bit different from the 400 that you think you're getting.

1cup uncooked rice ~200calories
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options

You measure uncooked rice in the cup, and it is one cup full? Then 200 calories is not right, sorry. It is much more than that. It doesn't matter whether it's basmati or other white rice. The calorie count is very similar.

I searched in many websites but nowhere it was more than 260calories (one cup uncooked rice)
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    Options

So if I'm reading this correctly, you've only been logging 1300 calories for 6 days? In addition to the food scale suggestions, you also need to have more patience. With so little to lose, it's going to take time. It's WAY too soon to wonder why you aren't losing weight.

So ,if I have to lose 10-12kgs ,I have to wait long ?
  • TeaBea
    Options

I searched in many websites but nowhere it was more than 260calories (one cup uncooked rice)

NO - this is VERY wrong.

From MFP: Jasmine Rice (Raw)
    Coles, 50 g, 180 calories

From my bag of Super Lucky Elephant (brand)
    Jasmine Rice (raw)
    ¼ cup serving: Calories 180 calories.

The package says ¼ cup = 50 grams, I measured 1/4 cup.....then I weighed that.....it actually weighed 56 grams
    (so my ¼ cup was actually 12% more.....so that 180 calories is also 12% more......like 201 calories).

This is the rice BEFORE any water is added. Water adds zero calories. I like sticky rice (more water) - other people might like firmer rice (less water)......this is why you can't measure the rice after it is cooked.