Options
13»

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I like numbers, thus I tried to find a cup in my house that holds the amount of one measuring cup, 240ml apparently. I found one and could get 200g of basmati rice into it. 200g of dry basmati rice are approximately 720 calories. Thta's a lot more than 200 calories unless you're using a tiny measuring cup.

And now I continue eating my very yummy haggis with neeps and tatties o:)

Not eating basmati rice ,1 cup rice which I eat ~ 200 calories

Can you post the nutrition label for the rice you eat?

Because I know that generally, half a cup of cooked rice -- so 1/4 cup uncooked -- is going to be 160 calories. If you're eating one cup, that's actually 320. Twice a day, that's 640. Quite a bit different from the 400 that you think you're getting.

1cup uncooked rice ~200calories

That's not the label.

I mean, if you want to insist that you're seriously eating only 200 calories for a cup of uncooked rice, have at it. But you're actually eating more than that. And it'll slow your weight loss to a halt, if that's even just one example.

But your body, not mine. Denial's lovely, isn't it?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1 cup of uncooked rice: o3rrp3wjcm1f.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP, simply put.. You are eating around 500 calories MORE than you think just with your 1 cup of rice. How many other logging mistakes are you making that you are not aware of??

Go here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings scroll to the bottom and change your diary settings to public if you want detailed trouble shooting advice.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,073 Member
    Options
    I just Googled "How many calories in one cup cooked white rice?", and the websites are stating 200, 204 and 205 calories, so if the OP is measuring 1 cup of cooked white rice, I believe she is correct (give or take a few calories).

• choppie70
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I just Googled "How many calories in one cup cooked white rice?", and the websites are stating 200, 204 and 205 calories, so if the OP is measuring 1 cup of cooked white rice, I believe she is correct (give or take a few calories).

She keeps repeating that it is UNcooked rice.

I am wondering if it is a language issue, especially with the prefix 'un' for the OP? I am thinking that the OP's first language is not english. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am and appear insensitive, but that would make sense with what I saw in the calorie count of cooked vs. uncooked rice.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I'm pretty sure OP is measuring 1 cup of uncooked white rice, which is anywhere from 600-700 calories.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I just Googled "How many calories in one cup cooked white

I am wondering if it is a language issue, especially with the prefix 'un' for the OP? I am thinking that the OP's first language is not english. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am and appear insensitive, but that would make sense with what I saw in the calorie count of cooked vs. uncooked rice.

No, it may be a language issue. I was assuming she meant she was eating 1 cup COOKED rice. Never assume! :blush:
  • PKM0515
    Options

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure OP is measuring 1 cup of uncooked white rice, which is anywhere from 600-700 calories.[/quote]

Thanks, Christine! I wanted to include you in my response above but couldn't figure out how to quote two people. :blush:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I just Googled "How many calories in one cup cooked white

No, it may be a language issue. I was assuming she meant she was eating 1 cup COOKED rice. Never assume! :blush:

Honestly, I have no idea right now...
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    RaikamalMukherjee1201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

No,my first language is not English and I am referring to 1cup uncooked rice ~200calories (as I googled it)
  • RaikamalMukherjee1201
    RaikamalMukherjee1201 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Thanks ,searching in google '1 cup of rice calories' gives me the result 200 calories ,I didn't notice the uncooked fact ,now I have to reset my diary
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Thanks ,searching in google '1 cup of rice calories' gives me the result 200 calories ,I didn't notice the uncooked fact ,now I have to reset my diary

Why are you using google, rather than using the MFP database? Since you are new here, it would be wise to start by reading the stickied "Most Helpful Forum Posts" at the top of the Getting Started section. They will have good information about how to set an appropriate goal, how to log your food accurately, and other commonly asked questions.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options

Ugh... why did I actually figured out how much one cup is, trying to find a mug that holds exactly a cup of water (scale), dry it again, and then put rice into it if I could have done it this easily? Anyway.. I got the same result :p
  • PKM0515
    Options

This is perfect: one cup UNCOOKED rice = 200 grams = 716 calories.

Can anyone post the same Nutrition Facts for cooked rice for the OP, just for comparison? I think it might be helpful, but I'm not sure how to do it myself. :blush:
  • choppie70
    Options

zltzvttbo967.png
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Thanks! :)