Alternative to weight loss surgery?

I weigh 302 and 5'7. Down 41 lbs since January.

This journey has been so irritating! I started with 1200 calories per day but after a 3 week plateau in June changed to 1600 calories to better match by current weight. I even started walking a mile a day on my lunch break. It's been about a month and not much weight change. Is my body broken from going up and down 100 lbs over and over throughout my life? Or is there something else I can do to "shock" by body/metabolism without having weight loss surgery? If people that had weight loss surgery have very minimal calories after surgery why can't I follow the diet without my body think it's starving? I just don't know what else to do!

Replies

• jesika0731
    jesika0731 Posts: 22 Member
    How are you measuring your food intake?

How's your logging? Are you using your food scale for ALL solids? Measuring cups/spoons for ALL liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Being realistic with exercise calories? Logging everything that passes your l lips? Etc?

I don't measure but gauge and count everything.
  • jesika0731
    ck2d wrote: »
    Look up "whooshes and squishy fat" - it explains why there are plateaus and will help you not worry about them.

This theory helped me out a lot before but even now eating a higher calorie meal once a week is not producing the "whoosh" effect.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    jesika0731 wrote: »

How's your logging? Are you using your food scale for ALL solids? Measuring cups/spoons for ALL liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Being realistic with exercise calories? Logging everything that passes your l lips? Etc?

How do you mean?
  • jesika0731

jesika0731 wrote: »

How do you mean?
    If by gauge you mean eyeballing it, you are probably not really consuming 1600 calories. Try a scale. There are very good ones on Amazon for not much money, that's where I got mine.

Well, the only thing I don't measure is meat. Everything else is exact or close to. I usually log 6-10 oz of meat and figure it's a pretty good guestimate.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Target and Walmart sell kitchen scales that measure in grams for about 20-25 dollars.
    https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=kitchen scale&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories
  • jesika0731
    Akmauser wrote: »
    Do you measure and count your fluids as well? I've run into a few people this last couple months that are weighing their food accurately and still leveled off for extended periods of time. They were not measuring some drinks such as home made coffee with flavoring or milk / creamers not being counted. It all adds up.

I don't drink anything but water and Diet Coke :P