Vegan!

Options
Just became a vegan thanks to what the health and cowspiracy. Any other vegans here?!

Replies

• shellyp_ms
    shellyp_ms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes Mame. I've been vegetarian for years. Switched a few weeks ago to total vegan. I am feeling great! Having fun finding creative ways to get my non vegan family to embrace some of my dishes. Son is now hooked on Nut Milks.
  • taigatropwen
    taigatropwen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegan for 30 years.... it always seems to have worked for me.
  • i_eat_plants
    i_eat_plants Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey i watched the same documentaries and switched to vegan too! Imma add you :)
  • Trooper15bl
    Trooper15bl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Yeh been vegan for 18 months now, but I lot more choice in supermarkets now makes it easier, as you I have watched all the docs on netflix.
  • CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan, but I am working towards becoming one by the end of the year! I've been a pescatarian for 12 yrs and eat little dairy...though eggs are a diet staple of mine (I personally know all the chickens, so I'm going to give myself a pass on this one).
    At any rate, I make a lot of vegan meals and my dairy is open to friends, so you guys can feel free to add me.
  • xoxoniesha
    xoxoniesha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What the Health was so good! I learned a lot. I have been trying to go completely vegan meals for a week now (I had a little slip up today :disappointed: ) What are your favorite vegan dinner recipes?
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ive been full vwgan for two weeks and im kinda starting to struggle with what to eat. Any delicious dinner ideas you can share with me?
  • matthewdub
    matthewdub Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been a vegetarian for 2 years and vegan for a year, definitely feel a lot better now then when I ate meat and dairy. You made a great choice!
  • veggiedipp88
    veggiedipp88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently adopted a vegan life style and I am loving it!
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Check out "the edgy veg" and "caitlin shoemaker" on you tube. Also "so you're dating a vegan". Have some great recipes and helpful info.
  • crinus
    crinus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Watched the same documentary and was appalled. I am just starting to work my way in to a vegan lifestyle. Any tips or things to be aware of are greatly appreciated.
  • marianbd
    marianbd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been vegetarian for awhile and newly vegan.I am struggling a bit when it comes to protein.Whenever I'd fill my dairy with what I'm eating now,I'm always always short on proteins...and short by half of what I am supposed to eat.Any advice? Thanks ! :)
  • megagaff
    megagaff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yesss! I've been a vegetarian on and off my whole life but made the permanent switch after having my daughter. Have been fully vegan for 2 months now and I feel amazing, I wish I had done this sooner. The weight is literally melting off and I'm not even trying.
  • Gsidhu1304
    Gsidhu1304 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yesss!! I am a vegetarian! Bit challenging but it works for me
  • jesusx3g13
    jesusx3g13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I have been on and off for the past 18 months, and recently decided to go fully and give it 100% Feel free to add me Im curious to see what others eat.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i went whole-foods-plant-based in may after being pescetarian for a couple years. i've lost 12 pounds after a couple years of weight loss plateau. i don't feel restricted, and i still have treats sometimes (vegan junk food like french fries, popsicles, occasionally candy). i don't feel deprived at all like i have in the past when losing weight. i feel great, my tummy issues are gone, and i have more energy. yay to finding something that works for us!

i have found a bunch of helpful resources, and the book "How Not to Die" has been a manual in my family. we do our best to follow the "daily dozen" guidelines in his book. i also found the Rich Roll podcast to be extremely helpful and inspiring.

it helped that my partner made this transition with me (in fact, it was his idea to ditch the dairy after he got a high cholesterol result from a blood test). we're going strong and i've started a blog to share ideas for practical meals and related food tips. it's still pretty new, but i have a dozen or so posts and a resources page, if you're interested: https://practicalplantpeople.wordpress.com/

i'll add you all as friends!
  • barbellsandwhisky
    barbellsandwhisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Vegan here as well! Hi everyone!
  • ladysteph14
    ladysteph14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vegan too! The best way to live
  • vegansocks
    vegansocks Posts: 11 Member
    Options