Worst database entries?

Options

Replies

• stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite brand of eggs (before I bought from my farm lady) is listed as having 25g of protein. Pooptacular!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific example but yeah, a lot of people are really in denial on this site.

I like all the 'turkey leg' entries at 200-300 calories, when Disney or fair turkey legs are actually in the 1200 calorie range... Heck I just saw an entry for 'one drumstick (2oz) 138 calories'. LOLNO.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used the import function on the recipe builder and got this: 2 c. flour = 70 calories (should have been 800 cal). I wish.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I found a butter entry once for 1cal/gram. Noooooo . . . . . also, I wish!
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Mutant chicken beasts?

c2n9gcvvi4ts.png

This is the one im having the most trouble with...how many calories is 4oz chicken breast????
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mutant chicken beasts?

c2n9gcvvi4ts.png

This is the one im having the most trouble with...how many calories is 4oz chicken breast????

It all depends. Some processors brine their frozen chicken breasts in a salt water solution, so it will have a lower calorie count per ounce since it has more water than fresh chicken breasts from the meat case.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Mutant chicken beasts?

c2n9gcvvi4ts.png

I had boneless, skinless grilled chicken breast tonight. I searched "USDA chicken breast boneless skinless grilled" and got a value of 43 calories an ounce. I noticed the packaging said 4 oz=120 calories, but that was for raw and I don't weigh out raw chicken breast unless it's going in a recipe raw. USDA entries will generally be the most reliable with meat & fresh produce.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Mutant chicken beasts?

c2n9gcvvi4ts.png

I had boneless, skinless grilled chicken breast tonight. I searched "USDA chicken breast boneless skinless grilled" and got a value of 43 calories an ounce. I noticed the packaging said 4 oz=120 calories, but that was for raw and I don't weigh out raw chicken breast unless it's going in a recipe raw. USDA entries will generally be the most reliable with meat & fresh produce.

You asked me this before about a cut of chicken I used. It was a premeasured cut of chicken breast that was 4 oz raw with brine. So it would have less than 43 calories per ounce because part of the weight was water. So 120 calories might make sense if you account for 3 oz meat and 1 oz water.